Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better than Achewood...  (Read 2850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Better than Achewood...
« on: September 16, 2006, 08:36:25 am »

  ...because they're for your soul don'tcha know. Let me introduce you to the saccharine, bizzare and often grotesque little world of-

    Chick Tracts!

    Firstly, an all time classic The Little Witch, which I feel is a great introduction to the general tone of Chick tracts. Sleep overs inevitably lead to infant sacrifice, but this tract makes the concept easy to understand.
   Next, let's take a fun trip into the future.  Isn't junior just the sweetest? There's something about authoritarianism  that introduces Sam Browne belts as fashion musts.
  Aren't these kids so excited about becoming Muslims?  This tract is  one of many featuring the charming Suzy, who uses her full range of facial expression here to the delight of many a reader. How we love her so. But not.. in a muslim way.
  Ever wonder why Bewitched, despite being a rather repetitive and sexist sitcom, is still being reran? Easy, bewitched = anarchy, pornography and homosexuality. Now we know where those things come from.
  Back to little Suzy, this time informing us about queers. One of the little known side effects on being in a long-term homosexual relationship is that two lizards take up residence on your respective bodies. For this reason, herpetologists are 27% less likely to support gay marriages, but with in them their relationships last 78% longer.
  Dungeons and dragons: like anyone even pretends it's not about Satanism anymore.
  When Suzy first met her teacher and obviously, nemesis, Ms. Henn. You just know as soon as you see her she believes in evolution.
  And finally, a little party. No-one ever tells me I look like their fourth wife.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 08:39:37 am by Pimp_skitters »
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:16:17 pm »

I Don't Want To Be Elfstar Any More. I Want To Be More Breakfast
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 03:34:58 pm »

Pimp Skitters - you'd have loved www.ungh.com back in the day.  They (he) used to collect a lot of tracts that weren't available anywhere else.  Best Chick archive on the web, but it's sadly gone bye-bye.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 04:09:13 pm »

I don't remember where I found this but it seems relevant.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 09:14:55 pm »

Those Jack Chick tracts just turn my stomach. They are trash.

I am a Christian, I love baby Jesus, but those tracts have probably done more to force people away from God than they have actually won people over.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 10:00:56 pm »

I really love the one about Islam. It can't be right that Adam was 60 feet tall! It says that he wasn't in the Bible!

Polygamy! that's so gross! Islam must be a gross religion!
Contradictions in a holy book? that's horrible!

also, the one about gay dudes is pretty awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 10:23:44 pm »

I don't remember where I found this but it seems relevant.

 Hah! That's a new one to me. Here is an old favorite: Chick meets Lovecraft!

Pimp Skitters - you'd have loved www.ungh.com back in the day.  They (he) used to collect a lot of tracts that weren't available anywhere else.  Best Chick archive on the web, but it's sadly gone bye-bye.

 Yes, that's one area where the internet looses out to printed material: when something's gone from the internet, it's really gone.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 11:05:53 pm »

Yeah, that Jack Chick is some crazy shit.  I remember when people used to hand those tracts out to people as they were leaving a concert.  Hope you enjoyed the Ozzy, your going to hell if you don't change your ways.  Here read this, it'll help you to save yourself.

Booga Booga.

Where is Q?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 11:09:13 pm »

I have a specific memory of a friend reading one of those next to me on the bus. He had me read it... I forget exactly what it was about.

Later on the same trip, he explained the different kinds of porn to me (the difference between hard- and soft-core, the "gang-bang," etc.) it was pretty intense, and I did not notice the funny contradiction until just now. He actually might have been making fun of the Tract-- I believe it may have been about how Rock Music is from the devil.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 03:15:58 am »

As crazy as the dark dungeons one is the thing I like most is the guy with the mustache at the end just talking about how rock music is a plot my the illuminate like it ain't no thing, if you're reading this then you just take it for granted that rock music is a conspiracy and the illuminati exists, I mean obviously.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 04:42:59 pm »

Uh-oh! In "The Little Bride," the Muslim family is going... to the airport!

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn!
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 06:29:46 pm »

Yes, that's one area where the internet looses out to printed material: when something's gone from the internet, it's really gone.

Well, there's always The Wayback Machine.  (If it wasn't blocked from work, I'd do the search for ungh.com myself...)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 06:46:52 pm »

It's not in the wayback machine, unfortunately.  I guess they had a *****s.txt file that didn't permit spidering (from unnaughty spiders).

Dang, I'd love to get a copy of that old content.  I have no idea how to get in touch with V-X anymore, though.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 02:25:06 pm »

Chick tracts are unintentionally brilliant.  :D
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Better than Achewood...
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 11:09:11 pm »

I really love the one about Islam.

"Amir! Safiya! We're leaving for the airport... right now1."

Ominous...

1 Emphasis in original text.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up