Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Must we beg?  (Read 2895 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Must we beg?
« on: September 16, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »

By my calculations, September 15 was yesterday, thus ending your self-imposed exile Q.

Don't overdo the imitation of Zart thing, n-kay?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 09:15:26 pm »

He's probably got some kind of counter set up to tell him how many times we talk about him.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 09:44:37 pm »

I was just thinking how nice the board has been lately.

MAYBE THIS IS WHY

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 09:59:13 pm »

yeah, that Q, what a douche.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 11:07:50 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 11:13:43 pm »

He's on top of a mountain.

~Paul

Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 11:15:30 pm »

yes, it seems from his Flickr that he is on a work-trip. Which involves drinking, and ID cards, and other stuff.

I can sympathize with the too-many-ID's thing. I have a Student ID which lets me into my dorm building and the library and such, my Room Key-- a plain white card which lets me into my actual room, and then my UPass (metro pass), and then my actual Driver's License (I have been told that apparently NC ID's are really wierd.) Plus, Debit Card, and Credit Card. Between these things, there is always something which I think I have lost. I have not lost anything yet, though.

I have basically figured out where he lives based on photos from his Flickr. Stalk'd.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 02:30:53 am »

I have a Student ID which lets me into my dorm building

At least yours works. I have the sheer joy of having a student ID that I can use as identification to open a bank account and flash to get on the city bus, but it doesn't actually let me into my frickin' dorm. My suitemate's only started working yesterday, and she's been here since late August. Way to go!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 09:12:38 pm »

Wow.

I'm officially that guy. That guy who posts on a message board, likes the subject a lot, likes the locals and finds them interesting... but never quite posts frequently enough to understand the in-jokes or the interpersonal dynamics of the posters who full-on carry the board.

On other boards, where I was one of those regulars full-on carrying the board, I always wondered what it was like to be that dude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 10:07:46 pm »

What does Q do for a living that he gets to travel all the time?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 10:12:10 pm »

What does Q do for a living that he gets to travel all the time?


There are so many answers to this, and none of them are fit for company.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 10:12:47 pm »

I think Sacramento doesn't count as 'gets to travel,' I think it's more like 'forced to.'

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »

If I remember correctly, he works at something which he is good at, but doesn't enjoy. involving computer programming, or networks, or something like that.

I want to say "child porn," but then he'd certainly enjoy it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 11:06:58 pm »

Maybe he is forced to webmaster a site full of straight, consensual, hetereosexual pornography?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Must we beg?
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 02:02:12 am »

He's Gina's fluffer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up