Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aibos! In Germany! And explaining to friends why I cannot stop giggling  (Read 1096 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

I just returned from a trip to Europe. My last stop was Munich, where they have a really nice modern art gallery called PINAKOTHEK DER MODERNE. I don't think it needs to be spelled in all caps, but anything German seems more natural when you imagine it being shouted. At any rate, besides the standard Beuys displays and Warhol pieces, they also had an interesting section on the history of computer design. There were computers dating back to the early 70s, arranged chronologically right on through today. Most were arranged by company. That is to say, the Apple desings were in one section, the IBM designs in another, and, more important to this post, the Sony designs. There were Sony desktops, laptops, Playstations and Aibos. They went all-out on the Aibos, too. They must have had at least a dozen of them. Seeing this, a panoply of classic phrases started darting through my mind, like "HOW WOULD I KNOW A ***** DON'T EJACULATE", the recitation of  Great Expectations and, the one that pushed me over the line, "I'M SO SORRY DOCTOR KISSES ... PLEASE FORGIVE ME". I just started giggling uncontrollably. I couldn't stop to save my life. The image of Ray, tears streaming down his face, with a gun to his Aibo's head was too much for me to handle. Needless to say, my friend (who does not read Achewood, bless his soul), thought  I was certifiably insane. I'm sure the Germans there thought something fairly similar. I tried to explain to him what made the Aibo display so hilarious, but trying to explain why a cat in a thong would need to shoot his pet ***** to save his best friend's life is so funny is a pretty futile endeavor. Long story short, German people think I'm touched in the head.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aibos! In Germany! And explaining to friends why I cannot stop giggling
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:02:20 pm »

dude, it is almost certain that they already did.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Aibos! In Germany! And explaining to friends why I cannot stop giggling
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 09:32:31 pm »

 Some german Sony representative hears you laughing: "You dis my dog-"
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up