Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...  (Read 4991 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« on: September 18, 2006, 03:12:26 pm »

Post on MeFi about the new Mexican Magic Realism Camera, from HP. Even has references to Achewood in the comments...

What a terrifyingly depressing world we live in, anyhow.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 05:27:32 pm »

Wow, that's hella fucked up. How complicated a concept is "I want photos to reflect the way I actually looked when the picture was taken, even if that was super-fat?"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:09:53 pm »

One time a guy handed me a picture of himself, and he said, "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is of when you were younger. "Here's a picture of me when I am older." "You son of a bitch, how'd you do that? Let me see that camera."

[/hedberg]

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:58:10 pm »

Man that is just horribly depressing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:21:51 am »

wow, I originally did not click on the link, and I thought you were saying that they had stolen the joke.

that is so sad for me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 09:06:07 pm »

   I wonder if you can use the slimming process in reverse...
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 09:18:44 pm »

wow, just wow.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:17 pm »

   I wonder if you can use the slimming process in reverse...

Well, according to the animation the "slimming" slider can go either way, so you can go all The Klumps on your loved ones.

Interesting how the examples feature only women.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 12:07:07 am »

man, I would hell of use this feature to make myself less slim.
except, that's a lie. I would only do this in pictures I was sending my mother. I love being slender.
'cause... closer to the bone, sweeter is the meat... last slice of virginia ham is the best that you can eat
*dances off*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 12:42:08 am »

Does anyone else want a filet de inevitable all of a sudden?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 01:57:12 am »

Don't worry, Inev will grow up to be one of those guys who suddenly balloons out in middle age and, after a lifetime of eating whatever he wants, is stunned at what the rest of us have always had to worry about.  And we will have our revenge.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 02:05:16 am »

And we will have our revenge.

I'm impatient.  I want my revenge now.

Let's pummel him with our fists.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 02:09:52 am »

no way. I will be slender and hottt forever. the fact that any weight I gain goes directly to my Stomach is not a sign of anything.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 04:27:57 am »

  I would only do this in pictures I was sending my mother.

  Yes, mothers do tend to be paranoid of two things above else: that their child is cold or that their child is not getting enough to eat. I suspect it's a genetic hang over from the last ice age, when corpulent hyperthermia wasn't the major worry.

  I'm impatient.  I want my revenge now.

  Could you wait ten days?
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 04:52:38 am »

my grandfather sent away for the Charles Atlas weight-gain program back in the day.
my dad ate a loaf of bread a day, if you combined all his sandwiches, toast, etc.
however, I have a birdlike appetite. so, hopefully I will be more OK than they.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up