The other advantage of the wall charger that Jough didn't mention is that you can buy just one wall charger and get like 10 international adapters that snap in and out which might be useful if anybody was going to say, Indonesia.
Oh, and according to iLounge (formerly iPodLounge, thanks a lot, Apple lawyers) you get a bigger charge with the wall charger than you do when it's connected to a computer.
Oooh, it comes with international adapters? See 'cause at first I was like "yay! It charges through computers! I wont need to bring a bunch of extra stuff to charge it with!" then I was like "Oh fuck it won't charge through
my USB port!" Now I'm like "oh fuck - does this mean I need to buy the iPod wall adapter for my iPod
and a universal adapter for the digital camera I'm bringing with me?" Remember when everything ran on AA batteries? That made travel really easy. Sigh.
Yeah... how the hell am I going to keep this thing charged while traveling internationally? ... I mean, how do you charge something at an airport? Are there just... electrical outlets around that one can take advantage of? I've got a 7hr stop over in L.A. on the way out, and the flight between L.A. and Kuala Lumpur is 20 hr 40 min (yeah I know-ouch!) so at some point in the air my battery will probably die.
And I've got a 12 hr stop over in Kuala Lumpur, and a 5hr stop over in LAX on the way home. Shit. I'll have to ask my travel agent about this. I'm sure there's a way to do it- I just need to figure it out. Even if it is possible, this means I'll just have to sit next to an electrical outlet for several hours while it charges, so I better be drinking a Tom Collins, and preferably posting at this message board while it charges!