Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list  (Read 3606 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:06:55 am »

What a move.

That is pretty much the full pallete of celebrity attention-grabbing. I've always thought that Hanna-Barbera and Disney were sort of incomparable, though. Disney mostly stuck to movies and Hanna-Barbera was mostly television.
Logged
What deviltry is this?

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:22:35 am »

I gasped in the last panel. I can hear the cresendoing music.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 11:43:10 am »

I, too, like Hanna-Barbera better than Disney.

Me and Bensington, man, we're cut from the same cloth.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:55:57 pm »

See I never really got hanna-barbera at all and I only really like disney from about beauty and the beast through to lion king.
Maybe I'm just not a cartoon kind of person.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 01:01:12 pm »

I've only seen Little Mermaid and only because they made us watch it in school. And last time I checked she's supposed to die at the end. WTF, Disney?

Next thing you know those fuckers are going to add sisters to Cinderella's family, change her slippers into glass, and let her step-mother live.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 02:05:11 pm »

I've only seen Little Mermaid and only because they made us watch it in school. And last time I checked she's supposed to die at the end. WTF, Disney?

Next thing you know those fuckers are going to add sisters to Cinderella's family, change her slippers into glass, and let her step-mother live.

Hey, they killed Bambi's mom, so cut them some slack.

Myself, I like Warner Bros. better than both H-B and Disney. What does that make me?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 02:32:27 pm »

Hey, they killed Bambi's mom, so cut them some slack.

Myself, I like Warner Bros. better than both H-B and Disney. What does that make me?

Sane.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 02:58:00 pm »

Disney is prettier animation, but H-B's collected works are FAR more entertaining than the Disney library.  I'm reminded of the SNL parody of the "Disney Vault" where a flustered Mickey tries to point kids away from Walt's frozen head and "Song of the South" while a bewildered boy asks "Wait, you're supposed to be funny?"

I can't remember EVER laughing at a Disney cartoon.  (The Pixar movies don't count.)

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 03:44:54 pm »

H-B cartoons at least have the excuse of being insane. Disney stuff is always a little too calculated (barring the really extravagant missteps like Black Cauldron), whereas H-B looks like a studio where they animated whatever they felt like at the moment on a budget of about twenty bucks.

Anyway, this Bensington Butters push is pretty wild. Do you think Ray's going to have to reveal his terrible secret?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:11:48 pm »

I'm not a big Disney fan, but it does strike me that most Disney movies aren't even supposed to be funny.  Not a lot of laughs in Bambi or Dumbo.  Sure there are some comic relief type moments, but Disney movies are dramas.

Clearly the old Warner Brothers were the funniest.  Hands down.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 06:27:25 pm »

Hey, I liked the Flintstones better than any shitty Mickey penis cartoons.

But nothing beats Warner Bros. for laughs.  Even the Simpsons are shallow yuk-fests compared to the genius of the WB cartoons.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:43 pm »

Sorry, everyone, but on TV terms Hanna-Barbera beats Disney every time. I can't think of one good Disney TV show; they're all crappy knock-offs which try way too hard to perpetuate the popularity of the secondary characters. Timon & Pumbaa Kids, anyone?

Disney has milked that cash cow so long cheese is coming out of the raw udders.

But, Hanna Barbera movies suck just as bad as Disney TV sucks. So it all balances out, I guess.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 06:52:49 pm »

Anybody got the first known appearance or mention of the Syndicate?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 06:55:38 pm »

Anybody got the first known appearance or mention of the Syndicate?

Very possibly here. I'm not a high level CortJstr type, though. Someone else might get something better.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 21 September 2006 - Made the al-Qaeda death list
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 07:09:21 pm »

Very possibly here. I'm not a high level CortJstr type, though. Someone else might get something better.

That's the first appearance of Butters that I can think of.

I really dug on Ducktales back in like 3rd grade.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up