Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey c*ck, man!  (Read 3419 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey c*ck, man!
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:08:20 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:35:17 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:34:53 am »

Bensington Butters doesn't know who mickey penis is???

get out of my country you islamofascist.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:48:40 am »

pretty funny.

kind of.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:01:12 am »

Needless backstory, but I'm down with that.

I just want to be the first person to say Scrappy sucks. Anyone who would name a dog after scrappy doo either hates that dog or hates life itself.
Come to that I'm not even big on scooby doo to begin with bu scrappy is whole 'nother level of nasty.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:56:29 am »

That's a great Gordon Gekko get-up. I knew who it was without the alt-text.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:06:41 am »

I love the implications of this strip -- the idea that the Syndicate apparently meets in costume, or at least with themes, despite it being like three guys. The idea that Bensington Butters, clearly an Important Person, has to call his mom to leave out water for his dogs, Scooby and Scrappy. The general seediness of the Syndicate constrasted with its pull in the world... nice. Very nice.
Logged

isaacs_law

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 05:43:45 am »

What I like about this storyline is the previous strip's very newspaper-comicky feel (an excessively circuitous setup, in the service of a weird anticlimactic punchline full of excessive emphasis)...followed by this one, which just bloody-mindedly explains that setup and punchline, in incredible depth, to the point where it actually becomes funny. Neither strip really works without the other; together, they make you really admire Onstad's dedication to being a smart-ass.

I really dig this pedantic approach to humor, possibly because I am pedantic.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:47:46 am by isaacs_law »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 01:19:05 pm »

Needless backstory, but I'm down with that.

I just want to be the first person to say Scrappy sucks. Anyone who would name a dog after scrappy doo either hates that dog or hates life itself.
Come to that I'm not even big on scooby doo to begin with bu scrappy is whole 'nother level of nasty.

http://www.bookofratings.com/scooby.html
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 03:21:20 pm »

I always thought Lore was a pretty cool dude until I heard what his voice sounds like. I mean, I still think he is awesome, but his voice sounds like he has a constant cold and it makes me uncomfortable about my nasal cavity.

Anyways, I think it's funny that Ray would rent out a Best Western convention hall when he could probably easily host this summit at his own house.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 03:36:03 pm »

I always thought Lore was a pretty cool dude until I heard what his voice sounds like. I mean, I still think he is awesome, but his voice sounds like he has a constant cold and it makes me uncomfortable about my nasal cavity.

Anyways, I think it's funny that Ray would rent out a Best Western convention hall when he could probably easily host this summit at his own house.

If you don't like his voice then you clearly need to stay the hell away from his Bandwidth Theatre and Bad Gods sites. Unless what you want is a shitting Jesus.

I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 06:30:38 pm »

If you don't like his voice then you clearly need to stay the hell away from his Bandwidth Theatre and Bad Gods sites. Unless what you want is a shitting Jesus.

I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.

I do stay away from those actually. Here's to hoping he goes to that voice acting class he was talking about (now I feel horrible about not liking Lore's voice).

I think Ray has a very specific definition of what a summit or convention is. To him, there is a particular modus operandi concerning such events and he'll be damned if he's going to against it.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 06:38:28 pm »

That's a great Gordon Gekko get-up. I knew who it was without the alt-text.

Huh.  I just thought he was playing on Pat's team.

So does this imply that Mickey thinks Greed is Good?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 09:00:17 pm »

I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.

See, the impression I always got from the Syndicate guys is that, while they have ridiculous amounts of money to go around, they don't actually have that great a command of swankiness or class. The dudes are just like Ray, really: all flash and bling, but basically no substance underneath. They have their convention at Best Western because they don't know any better way.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 02:49:57 am »

V, in this case we are in complete accord.

You great big satan, you.

(Hugs!)

Thank you, dude. This may be the best birthday gift I've gotten all day.

... No, wait, the cookies were still better. Nonetheless!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 04:34:36 am »

V has the right of it sure enough.
They think Best Western is a pretty fly pad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up