Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! (09-18-03)  (Read 3343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! (09-18-03)
« on: September 18, 2003, 05:06:10 pm »

I love this storyline.  Only Philippe would become an anarchist to do nice things for his mom.  

Well, OK, there was that one time I counterfeited enough fifties to get my mom a Geo Prizm.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:15:59 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 05:40:20 pm »

I love that Lyle changed into his theifin' outfit for this.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 07:42:29 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
This great stuff, Philipe turning anarchy to good purpose.  I wonder if the Batman gear is not jammies after all...

The Dark Otter Returns?

I'm surprised Philippe's mom is so laissez-faire about it. She seems remarkably calm and happy that her son is being led down the primrose path of crime by an unwashed miscreant like Lyle. ... Of course, she's also pretty calm about Philippe living with Lyle and the others anyway, so this may not be strange at all.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 08:03:40 pm »

Like Charlie Brown, Calvin, those Family Circus kids, etc., Philippe and the Achewood gang never age.

This is indeed a wonderful storyline, although I can't help but consider the possibilities of looking for santa claus back in 1882.

Anarchy_Bowling

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 11:30:21 pm »

hehe, I love this story line. It makes me wistful for the ninth grade when my friends and I would gather around both volumes in the lunch room. The jiu-jitzu sections rawked hard.

I do wonder why Onstad didn't go further with the Santa bit.

**D'oh!  Posted with the wrong damn button like a moron.  It's my first day?  Sorry.
Logged
Official US Representative to the Danish Ubergothy*

(*A system of government dedicated to the preservation of rock and the elmination of "That Guy".  You know who you are.)

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 02:00:14 am »

Damn, that was the funniest strip in a good while. I'm going to go wash some stamps now.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 04:55:29 am »

Land ho!

The strip, educational she be as well.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 05:10:01 am »

Yarrgh, as I be the sort of scurvy lubber to not be half the anarchist that our young Philippe now is, I be asking: are any of the tips in them that strip functional? Avast, postage-stamp piracy off the starboard bow!
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2003, 12:33:40 pm »

I also be finding this storyline rum-soaked with hilarity.

This morning I be laughing - out loud like a beardless squab.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2003, 05:32:00 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I love that Lyle changed into his theifin' outfit for this.


Now even Philippe has a theifin' outifit. Rock.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up