Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday V-Adore!  (Read 2978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« on: September 23, 2006, 03:22:50 am »

Okay, so I am a BAD admin and never look at the frikkin' calendar...

Happy Birthday (hey, it's still your b-day for another 1/2 hour east coast time) V, the best co-admin on the planet (next to J. L., who I think we can all agree is the most awesome).

May the candles burn like cities in your wake, or something.

On a side-note, I can't believe you're only 23.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:38:19 am »

Thanks, dude. I too am boggled at my age, although more in the sense of "I'm 23? Shouldn't I feel like an adult?"
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 03:41:14 am »

Happy Birthday V!  You are not really worse than Hitler.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 04:31:47 am »

Yay for another year of totally not being hit by a car V.
Hail Eris for year 23.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 05:08:00 am »

Yay for another year of totally not being hit by a car V.

That makes... almost 4! Whoo!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 07:40:46 am »

Yay for V-Adore!

you share a birthday with... no, you don't. you are unique in this birthday.
you are the best. your be-stache'd avatar is great.

also: there was a girl in my Latin class, and I thought it was her birthday. but it was not.
which is why she made a weird face when I passed her a note which said "felicem diem natalem."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 02:07:31 pm »

Argh! I am sorry too!  I swear I was keeping an eye on your upcoming birthday but got distracted by many complications which I will not hijack this thread to describe. Dang, I was determined to start this one after not getting to start Nabu's.

Happy birthday!  No need to rush into feeling like an adult. You have plenty of time to work up to it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 04:02:12 pm »

Dang. I too had seen it was upcoming, the first I've noticed yet, but then it slipped to another side of my mind...

Happy Birthday. For sure, no rush on those adult feelings. They really don't get you anywhere, and no one else under 30 seems to be even remotely adult!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 04:45:06 pm »

I will however hijack this thread to note that Monday was Respect for the Aged Day in Japan, and not a single one of you sent me a card.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 05:27:22 pm »

I will however hijack this thread to note that Monday was Respect for the Aged Day in Japan, and not a single one of you sent me a card.

One: I don't respect aged Japanese people.
Two: I (literally) couldn't walk the first half of the week, so I had even less respect, or sympathy for the aged than usual.

That said, now I'm back to normal, I will grudgingly respect you, Wombat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 05:49:07 pm »

I will however hijack this thread to note that Monday was Respect for the Aged Day in Japan, and not a single one of you sent me a card.

Wait, you're aged? And Japanese?

Tell you what: come to Columbus someday, and we can go get some tempura or something. That should be an adequate way of showing respect.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 06:27:39 pm »

Happy birthday, V!

Thanks, dude. I too am boggled at my age, although more in the sense of "I'm 23? Shouldn't I feel like an adult?"

I'll let you know when I start feeling like an adult.  Still feel like I'm 19 on good days, 13 on others.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 06:45:50 pm »

Wait, you're aged? And Japanese?


Well, not so much the latter, but it's Japanese Respect for the Aged Day, not Respect for the Japanese Aged Day, right?  Although I can occasionally read a whole sentence in Japanese (but most of the time it's more "kanji wa kanji o kanji-masu.")

But more important, it is V's birthday. I think we should all have cake.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 07:54:11 pm »

V-adore-- I would like to remind everyone here that your mix was the best out of all the mixes. at least, the ones which I listened to. which is few.

V, your taste in music is the Tops. You are Rad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday V-Adore!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 08:17:40 pm »

Woo! Happy B-Day, V! Don't worry about the 'feeling like an adult' thing; it hasn't hit me yet, and I'm married and almost 30. So there.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up