Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not sure what to think...  (Read 2827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what to think...
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:09:38 pm »

I just came into the office and sat down at the computer.  Here's what was on screen, apparently the last place my daughter had been.

http://members.surfeu.fi/kklaine/primebear.html

Add this to the inherent oddity of the bear:  Her usual J-Pop was playing and the bear was, uh, producing primes, in time to the music.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:53:43 pm »

So your daughter's a dork too?

Good to know.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 08:06:46 pm »

Because God knows we need more dorks.  Do you let her read Achewood? When will she be old enough to post here?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 09:13:56 pm »

This is a very delicate part of her life, if you want her to become a well-adjusted geek you must forbid her from sunlight, get her a tutor and make sure you give her a thorough grounding in video game theory.  You owe it to her, as her parent.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 10:07:34 pm »

Do you let her read Achewood? When will she be old enough to post here?

No.  At the rate she's going, in about 3 months.

But she wouldn't read Achewood or post here if I asked her to.  I have to make her think she found it herself.  Duh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 10:51:48 pm »

That is ridiculously wonderful. Though I can just see AW's daughter walking into her room this evening, her father sitting there crying over an old family photo, wondering where it all went wrong.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:49:00 am »

"when I was your age, we had to come up with primes on our own! we didn't have some dog shitting them out for us!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 09:44:18 am »

this daughter Frank?

~Paul

Hey everybody, i'm home...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 02:06:48 pm »

That's the one.

You are far too kind.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29:26 pm »

Aug, your daughter is lovely, but you should really get that growth on her nose checked out.  It looks serious... or French... or something.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sure what to think...
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 07:07:16 pm »

 ;D
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up