Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What should I say?  (Read 4560 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

abbaon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
What should I say?
« on: September 29, 2006, 08:32:16 am »

I don't want to post here, just read. But I can't use the search feature without registering, and I can't keep my account without posting. What do you usually say when you have nothing to say?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 11:39:27 am »

You could ingratiate yourself by commenting on how witty and perceptive other people's posts are, I suppose.  That never hurts and doesn't take much thought.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:52:44 pm »

Really, just chip in ever so often. "Great strip today" a few times a week will generally suffice to keep your account, and if you like it, you can jump in on other forums. No pressure; just something to think about.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:13:46 pm »

Or if you want to make things really interesting, make a post about religion, racial issues or abortion, and then just sit back and watch us go, like water teeming with feeding sharks.  I mean, if you're here to watch, you might as well watch a serious show?  Now, if you can do that without being banned... that would be a feat!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:14:37 pm »

Actually, if you have nothing to say it's probably better you don't post.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:01:43 pm »

Or if you want to make things really interesting, make a post about religion, racial issues or abortion,

Or worse yet, prescriptive grammar!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:32:08 pm »

Or cat c*ckes. Everyone likes a thread about cat c*ckes! Optionally, giraffe placenta, but that's getting a bit elderly.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 05:47:41 pm »

THIS IS A HUNT'S MOVE

For over a day now Ash has been scanning each post on the board waiting for his chance to bust out "this is a Hunt's move." Thanks for allowing him his release.
Logged

abbaon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 04:49:37 am »

Actually, if you have nothing to say it's probably better you don't post.
I'm all about that action, but it's either this or finding the "faux dago" strip by rereading from the beginning. (For example.) Don't worry, I'll keep it unobtrusive from now on.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 07:00:40 am »

Well, you could also go to the Achewood archive, do that ctrl+f, and start taking stabs at the unadvertised strip titles, but it isn't a surefire way.  But it does work pretty well.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 07:17:07 am »

I think you'll be safe from the no-posting axe for now, dude.  Feel free to jump in any time, but otherwise enjoy the show, kick back, have a brewski.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 11:25:07 am »

we have brewskies?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 02:27:17 pm »

we have brewskies?

Of course we do, Jough is a classy host. Besides, didn't you bring a six with you anyway? Or some wine or at least some kind of appetizer?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 02:46:38 pm »

damn oh just damn man i thought this was a formal do and bringing along apetizers and such would be hell of such as low and now i've just gone and ruined it for everyone.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What should I say?
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 03:15:53 am »

damn oh just damn man i thought this was a formal do and bringing along apetizers and such would be hell of such as low and now i've just gone and ruined it for everyone.

Nice going, Doc! Thanks to you, jough's gonna drive into a cornfield and die!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up