Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt  (Read 7477 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 07:18:05 am »

Quote
We hired a human man to take over our warehouse operations. He is a good man, and thorough. He is much better than I ever was at this stuff. He is a full-time human man, BTW.

For some reason, I imagine a man naked but for slightly stretched out barn door briefs, significantly hairy, doing human things like belching, while he packs up orders.  Being a full-time human man takes work - I imagine part of the quality controle might include naturally shed body hairs, or even hairs from... down there... being intentionally sprinkled on to the orders, to assure the buyer a real human man was involved in the shipping of said items.  Sort of a step up from "this item inspected by #5."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 08:43:29 am »

It's a good thing he specified human because 'a good man and thorough' immediately made me think of Nice Pete. The kind of guy who'd leave a 'Suprise' in your package and remember your address because you didn't write back saying how much you appreciated this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 01:25:29 pm »

Doc, "a good man, and thorough" is totally a Lebowski line. 

Do we have to pull your hipster credentials?  Are you not hip with the kids?  Not down with OPP?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 01:33:16 pm »

You've found my secret shame big J, I have never seen the Big Lebowski.
Never, not even once.

I hear it's good, I guess?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »

Oh for the love of all that is good and holy!

Doc, go buy a copy of The Big Lebowski, watch it, and then come back to the internet a new man.

You're useless to us otherwise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 02:00:26 pm »

A full-time human man, eh?  Like they were considering hiring a lycanthrope of some kind?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 02:07:42 pm »

Wow, a full time employee.  Our little boy is all grown up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 04:01:54 pm »

Oh for the love of all that is good and holy!

Doc, go buy a copy of The Big Lebowski, watch it, and then come back to the internet a new man.

You're useless to us otherwise.

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you?  You can even get it through
Columbia House for god sakes. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 04:04:42 pm »

A full-time human man, eh?  Like they were considering hiring a lycanthrope of some kind?

I presume the alternative would have been one of the cats in a husk, or possibly Lie Bot. (An automaton that lies? That's definitely part-time human.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 07:31:52 pm »

yeah, um, I have never seen The Big Lebowski.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »

yeah, um, I have never seen The Big Lebowski.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 08:17:12 pm »

http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2577.msg57137.html#msg57137

I really did deserve that from 'Dawg, who we don't see enough of these days. No activity for more than a week. Hope all is well, mate.

Anyway, after discovering where that quote was from, I ended up watching the Big Lebowski. It is good!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:32:25 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 10:54:46 pm »

Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules.


Seriously, The Big Lebowski could be the greatest movie ever released.  Don't even bother with renting, just buy it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 02:21:20 am »

Could you slide your shorts down, please?

No, I just wanted the anniversary shirt.

I understand, sir.  Could you slide your shorts down please?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 12:50:03 am »

Has anyone recieved their order from the free t-shirt week?  I know that he said the switch to this new, good, human man would necesitate a few extra days of processing, but its been a long time now and I haven't recieved any of my goods (not talking about the free shirt, and I'm looking forward to that too).  Just thought I'd put out some feelers before I drop Chris an email, I don't want to be a jerk.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up