Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?  (Read 9390 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 09:23:03 am »

has anyone seen that stupid show on MTV where they tell your momma jokes?  I really hate TV, and don't have cable or anything, but when I get a chance to watch this show I never miss it.  The best joke was "hickory dickary dock, your mommas a slut"; no hollywood jerk is going to pump something out of his macbook pro with so much gusto and excitement.  Well, at least that is how I feel.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 06:16:18 pm »

I, personally, am hooked on "Parental Control." This is where parents hate their child's SO, and so they make them go on this show and date various boys/girls of their (the parent's) choosing.

it is so great. especially because the guys are always assholes who make jokes about fuck*ng these poor parent's daughters. in front of them.
also, they almost always make the wrong choice in the end (when it comes time to select which boy they will now date.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 08:59:19 am »

Yea, I have seen that once or twice, it is okay, not good enough to care about seeing though.  Now your momma....
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 12:15:25 am »

Now this Lost show, would it be necessary to watch it from the first episode?
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 02:45:41 am »

I watched the first episode and found it not necessary to ever watch again.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 03:15:29 am »

I watched the first episode and found it not necessary to ever watch again.

~Paul

ZING!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 07:53:34 pm »

I don't watch the show but I see Jorge Garcia and Dominic Monaghan every once in awhile because they stay in Kailua when they are filming.

Jorge Garcia seems like a pretty regular guy. Dominic Monaghan is not very big at all.

Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 10:24:24 am »

Dominic Monaghan is not very big at all.

Are you calling him a hobbit?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 03:30:27 am »

Well, he was barefoot and his feet weren't hairy - also,  he was awful skinny for a hobbit. But I wouldn't really it completely out.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 10:34:59 am »

Well, he was barefoot and his feet weren't hairy - also,  he was awful skinny for a hobbit. But I wouldn't really it completely out.

It has to be said, his ears still make me think hobbit.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 02:25:40 am »

Is anyone a fan of The Wire?  I have just seen most of the first season (will see the rest tonight) and I am pretty impressed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

SMEAR

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 08:37:17 am »

Dang.. just people burning Lost and talking about unrelated Lost stuff! I just caught up on the 3rd season. They brought back the smokey guardian into the storyline.. though they copped out as far as explaining anything. Just more cameos of it.... I'm amazed that they have it in them to fill in the characters back story so much. I wonder if they have everything already pencilled in a noteback and are just doling out little tid bits each time? I thought we'd already finished with Kate's storyline but no we go back and she's married again. Straight up bizarre. I thought they had already cleared up the timeline up to the point when the characters stepped on the plane.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 04:32:16 pm »

Are you calling him a hobbit?

I'm not quite sure if Aloha got it (I know I didn't believe it until I looked it up) but Dominic plays...  the other hobbit in Lord of the Rings.  Which one, I forget.  I totally didn't believe this at all until I checked IMdB and saw a picture of him.

And I got hooked on Lost on the first episode (well, first two technically).  It has (well, had) just about the best writing for a drama show on TV, and yeah, the fact that nothing happens could hurt a lot of people, but I think the character development is extremely well done.  The actual plot advances a bit more in season 2, except more in a way that makes you have more questions and maybe answers one or two.  Season 3, however, has been so far hugely disappointing for me.  It seems like everything about the show has been done in a way calculated precisely to annoy me.  If you watched all of season 1, though, you at least have to watch the first episode of season 2.  It's one of my favorite episodes.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 07:41:41 pm »

I read somewhere the other day that the Producers of Lost are in the process of deciding an endpoint for the show, probably two more seasons after the current one. I forget where I read this. Anyone else catch this article?

On the one hand, it's nice to have a time frame in mind as you're watching the show. I think knowing how many pages are left in the book so to speak helps to put all the twists and turn into perspective instead of just feeling like the writers are tying your dick to a trailer hitch and driving through the California Baja for 24 straight episodes. But two years is a long ways away, especially considering how disappointing season 3 has been so far.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: Am I the only one who watches?
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 07:59:25 pm »

I read somewhere the other day that the Producers of Lost are in the process of deciding an endpoint for the show, probably two more seasons after the current one. I forget where I read this. Anyone else catch this article?

On the one hand, it's nice to have a time frame in mind as you're watching the show. I think knowing how many pages are left in the book so to speak helps to put all the twists and turn into perspective instead of just feeling like the writers are tying your dick to a trailer hitch and driving through the California Baja for 24 straight episodes. But two years is a long ways away, especially considering how disappointing season 3 has been so far.

One of the reasons I've gotten down on Battlestar Galactica lately is because I found out how their scripting works. Apparently they just write an episode at a time which totally defeats the "And they have a plan" shown during the opening.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up