Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sightings!  (Read 1175 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Sightings!
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:04:38 pm »

Okay, this was wierd. 

I was at a comedy club last night, and I overheard one comic telling another comic about this shirt. 

I wanted to go up to them and tell them, "Hey, I know the guy who makes those."  But then I remembered that they were real, actual, live people and I chickened out. 

Anybody else seen or heard of Jough's shirts in the general population? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sightings!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:28:51 pm »

Our Dead-Eye Dick shirt appeared on MTV at some point (via a VJ) but I never actually saw it myself.

It's always cool to walk around the hipster parts of Philly and see someone wearing one of my shirts, though.  We did a little local advertising in the summer and got a lot of local sales.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sightings!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 10:32:10 pm »

I brought in the image from this shirt when we talked about Satire in english last year.

I meant to tell everyone where to buy it, but I forgot. Damn. It was a big hit.

*edit - link fix'd s_s
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:27:02 am by side_show »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Sightings!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:01:47 pm »

I really love that Brokeback Smokers shirt.  If I wore t-shirts I would hell of pick that up.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up