Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to Chicago  (Read 8315 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Moving to Chicago
« on: October 09, 2006, 05:12:52 pm »

Hey kids,

I accepted a position in Chicago today (and then received another job offer an hour later - that figures) and will be moving to Chicagoland next month (if not sooner).

Just keeping you all up to date.  Server admin duties will be falling to my business partner but I'll still be around to post here.

I'm a little nervous about the move but mostly excited about both the job and Chicago.  I expect the job to be awesome and Chicago looks like a great city, what little I've seen of it.  I'm sure I will find it a good home.  It will almost certainly be a step-up from Philly.

Anyway, over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try to hang a little with you east coast folks, so we should plan to set up a right-coast Achefest before the end of the month.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:14:33 pm »

Good luck with the move and all that entails, Jough. Here's hoping life becomes EVEN MORE awesome for you!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 05:17:38 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:00 pm »

Congratulations!

I have just accepted a job where I will be working every weekend, which may interfere with my Achefest participation.  Is it too late to plan something for this coming weekend?  It is my last weekend off before I am supposed to start.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »

Congrats, Jough. May the windy city be a hospitable home to you, and this new job be something you can dig.
I don't really know Philly or Chicago, but I know which one I've heard of more, and more about... So good stuff.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 10:37:36 pm »

Yea, good luck, man.  Hope you enjoy the windy city.  I may be moving there at the end of this summer, if I actually decide to graduate.  Hope you have fun, I always love new beginnings.  Chicago may not be the greatest city, but it is probably better than Philly.  At least Chicago is known for more than dumb fans that throw batteries.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:47:49 pm »

Yea, good luck, man.  Hope you enjoy the windy city.  I may be moving there at the end of this summer, if I actually decide to graduate.  Hope you have fun, I always love new beginnings.  Chicago may not be the greatest city, but it is probably better than Philly.  At least Chicago is known for more than dumb fans that throw batteries.

Hey, Philly fans invented the "sit the fuck down" clap-clap-clapclapclap chant and that has to be worth something.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 12:12:11 am »

Hey, Philly fans invented the "sit the fuck down" clap-clap-clapclapclap chant and that has to be worth something.

Explicit chanting, I would agrue, was made popular by Philly's ECW Arena, but to say they invented profane chanting is a stretch.  ECW Arena might never even have been named so if it wasn't for Queens, NY and the sounds of "YOU FUCKED UP - YOU FUCKED UP," bellowing from the Elk's Lodge.




SHOW YOUR TITS

SHOW YOUR TITS
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 12:42:50 am »

Congratulations and good luck, El Guapo!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 03:07:13 am »

But what does this mean in regard to your relative proximity to India?

Congratulations.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 03:28:20 am »

I was hoping it would be Montana.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 03:31:03 am »

Congrats!  Many happy returns! 

This is even further encouragement to make good on my promise to take Pedro to Chicago someday.  He's never been and we have a dear friend from college who lives there as well.  Now that he has a job with actual, y'know, vacation time we just might be able to swing it. 

How sad is it that you have to move further away to get us to consider visiting you? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:39:49 am »

How sad is it that you have to move further away to get us to consider visiting you? 

Chicago is only about 5 hours away from me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 03:41:40 am »

That is awesome! Congratulations. Good luck on the move, btw.  I will have to swing by and say hello the next time I'm anywhere remotely close to the Midwest.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 03:44:18 am »

it makes perfect sense to me, JL. I mean, it's not like I've spent the last 10 years only a few hours away from you, or anything. *sobs*


...not that we'd ever even internet-talked until now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Chicago
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 05:06:56 am »

Baby don't you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

That's all I got.
But Good news man.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up