Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good riddance, Joe Torre.  (Read 5861 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:31 pm »

It's the media's fault!




edit:
Nah, you know what?  You're right.  It was all over when Nancy Kerrigan told Mickey, "Fuck off."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:58:12 pm by robot_god »
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 03:36:07 am »

I'm a St Louis Cardinal fan. 

How about them REDBIRDS!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 03:41:53 am »

:polite applause:

You going to the parade?
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 04:30:20 am »

They having a parade in KY.  I didn't know the Cards were that popular.  I saw the Cards play earlier this year.  They got the shit kicked out of them by the Phillies.  I left that game thinking they really sucked.  Next thing I hear they are playing in late October.  Go figure.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 04:32:50 am »

so, apparently the team where I am won? Huh. A lot of people are excited. A lot of my friends are pretending they have given a shit all along, and are all mad that I am not excited. I do not know about Baseball. You know? I'm not going to pretend to be a big cardinals fan when I'm not, that is called Faking. And everyone knows men can't fake.

but yeah, people are pretty excited here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 04:37:31 am »

Most of the coolness of winning the World Series is negated by having a player with a little billygoat beard dyed Manic Panic pink. Like "Yeah... champions... great... we still got that guy with that lame face thing as one of our bench players, at best we broke even."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 05:08:02 am »

Most of the coolness of winning the World Series is negated by having a player with a little billygoat beard dyed Manic Panic pink. Like "Yeah... champions... great... we still got that guy with that lame face thing as one of our bench players, at best we broke even."

Dude, sour grapes are so unbecoming.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2006, 05:32:16 am »

so, apparently the team where I am won? Huh. A lot of people are excited. A lot of my friends are pretending they have given a shit all along, and are all mad that I am not excited. I do not know about Baseball. You know? I'm not going to pretend to be a big cardinals fan when I'm not, that is called Faking. And everyone knows men can't fake.

It's called getting into the spirit of it.  No harm can come of sharing in the excitement of being in a town that is celebrating a major championship victory.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 06:07:20 am »

yeah, I mean, it is cool that they won. I just suck at getting into the spirit of things. a lot.

(I am noticing that this is a liability at college. extremely.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 06:49:50 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good riddance, Joe Torre.
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2006, 09:20:40 pm »

Eh, the problem with the internet is a total lack of intonation to the conversation.

Had I said it out-loud, you'd've realized that... I'm about a week past sour grapes and... was merely picking on pretty much the lamest facial hair I've ever seen in my twenty-seven years. A PINK billy-goat STRIP.

The billy-goat strip, in and of itself, is probably the lamest facial hair attainable... like that little patch under the lip that people who think they're TOTALLY hip have... somehow crossed with the wild long beard of someone who thinks that maybe, just maybe, ZZ Top will recruit them off the street and give them a really cool guitar and a guitar what spins.

Already, this sounds to be SO outrageously affected that it couldn't exist out of fiction?

Like you wouldn't even put it on a Halloween costume because people would mock its total unbelievability? "What do you do, go to deep dark coffeehouse open mics with a beret and an acoustic guitar... and then cover 'Legs'? Go home, cut some holes in a sheet and come back as a ghost..."

And THEN dye it pink.

We're long outside of sporting animosity, my friend.

We are in the realm, strictly, of apocalyptically unrecommended facial hair.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up