Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 100074 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2008, 09:38:50 pm »

yeah, gory stuff freaks me out. I love super-intense stuff, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #361 on: April 11, 2008, 10:37:13 pm »

I can watch it if it's fake, like in vampire flicks and other stuff. I can't handle it if it's real, like that TLC show that used to be (?) on about surgeries.

Also, people recovering from surgery freak me out - especially facelifts. Dr. 90210? Scariest thing on the air. (partially because that dude is such a dee-bag perv-o)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43:45 pm »

Sign me up for the plus size girdle club.  Pretty much anything showing kids in danger/tragedy gets a pass from me.  I had a real visceral reaction to a Law&Order type show where an infant got left in a hot car.  I left the room and played with my daughter for a while.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #363 on: April 11, 2008, 11:49:16 pm »

I don't like movies where bad things happen to dogs. Mars Attacks! is an example of a movie that I was perfectly okay with until they killed the dog. After that, thanks for playing, seeya.

Mrs. Haus likes Law and Order: *, CSI: *, NCIS, and shows of that ilk. I can't stand 'em. Left to my own devices, to be perfectly honest, my TV viewing would be 90% sports, 10% cartoons-for-adults.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2008, 01:10:37 am »

Oh, good lord.  See "Psycho."  Come on.  There is no reason not to.  The actual on screen violence is lesser than the sort of stuff you can see on TV any night.  The art is in the creation of tension, and the perfect, perfect editing.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2008, 01:46:48 am »

Where were you all 23 pages ago in this thread when everyone was making fun of me for not liking blood and guts and violence?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2008, 01:54:46 am »

I don't mind gore, but real-life evil bothers the hell out of me. 

Also, random shit that most people find silly, like frogs and Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown.  I had nightmares after seeing It, but not after reading the (IMHO much scarier) book. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2008, 03:05:51 am »

I don't mind gore, but real-life evil bothers the hell out of me. 

Also, random shit that most people find silly, like frogs and Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown.  I had nightmares after seeing It, but not after reading the (IMHO much scarier) book. 

1) Do not see my play.  Ever.

2) Tim Curry scares the hell out of me in "It."  Still does.  But he makes me laugh my ass off in this music video, as well as this one.  Seriously, in the 70's thru 80's there were places in the world where cocaine was in the air and water, I swear. (edit:  that jerky thumb dance in "Paradise Garage" gets me everytime.  A friend and I used this as a signature dance move back in the day.  Pretty fuck*ng hilarious.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:13:53 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #368 on: April 21, 2008, 02:11:13 pm »

The Technical Staff made us watch Sleepless in Seattle, because he has become enamored of Seattle and wishes he could move there.

It turns out that A, there is almost NO Seattle in this movie, and B, seriously, this is one of the worst movies I ever saw. I swear, I am as big a romantic fool as the next person, but what was even romantic about this movie? Yeah, I hope they can build a great relationship based on their love of the same baseball player and the fact that this guy can wax poetic about his dead wife.

People commenting on Netflix say that they cry at the end. I cried too, but it was because I was two hours closer to being DEAD and I could never get back the two hours I'd spent watching that movie.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #369 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:20 pm »

Damn, Wombat is bringing the strong sack in this review.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #370 on: April 21, 2008, 06:55:29 pm »

Sra. del Vaca and I went to a movie last night.  IN A THEATER.  With popcorn and everything.  And no kids.

We saw "21."  She liked it more than I did, in no small part because I read the book and I'm really into that shit, and so I noticed all the inconsistencies and the dumbing-down in the film.  But I had a good time.  Kate Bosworth is nice to look at.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2008, 04:09:08 am »

If you want to scare your SO out of loving Seattle, and he is apparently not adverse to romantic comedies, have him watch "Singles."  There's plenty of Seattle in the movie, and it's nowhere near as annoying as "Sleepless in Seattle," plus it's a good reminder of the filthy Grunge era and it's fairly entertaining, at least.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #372 on: April 22, 2008, 04:40:18 am »

yay! the filthy grunge era!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:41 am »

I saw a documentary on black tar heroin that was filmed partly in Seattle. So what i know about Seattle is that it has black tar heroin  and it rains a bunch. Also, Starbucks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #374 on: April 22, 2008, 01:33:39 pm »

If you want to scare your SO out of loving Seattle, and he is apparently not adverse to romantic comedies, have him watch "Singles."  There's plenty of Seattle in the movie, and it's nowhere near as annoying as "Sleepless in Seattle," plus it's a good reminder of the filthy Grunge era and it's fairly entertaining, at least.

Thanks, I'll get right on it. He'll hate the music, which is all the better.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Up