Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 100026 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2010, 02:41:23 pm »

On the other hand, I have not appreciated the months of nightmares about transforming into an alien creature.

I was pleased that I had dreams about bad guys but they were just kind of normal bad guys who maybe had normal guns but mostly just threatening attitudes.

I did also have a dream about carrying around the big blue iguana and he kept trying to bite my hair. I don't know if this was related, but I will note that this is the cold-blooded animal I know who has the most actual personality, as well as a lot of scratchy parts and long toenails, so it might be.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2010, 05:54:39 pm »

let the right one in
spiral
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2010, 06:17:40 pm »

let the right one in is awesome, what's spiral? is it like cube?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2010, 10:20:20 pm »

let the right one in is awesome, what's spiral? is it like cube?

its a psychological thriller, but not like 'cube'.  JP from 'grandmas boy' plays a socially maladjusted(im thinking he has aspbergers or maybe even schitzophrenia) dude named mason that works at a phone bank.  a girl(amber tamblyn) starts working there and she reaches out to him.  he goes through varying degrees of psychological unbalance through out the movie, but the end is crazy good and twisty like a mofo.  his boss is zachary levi/chuck.  the boss is an interesting character because hes a really good friend to mason, but a complete douchebag to any woman that he wants/has had the opportunity to drill.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2010, 01:11:58 am »

I watched Brick the other day which was really good. A modern day film noir set in a high school.

I also saw Primer and it was awesome. It is a movie about a couple of geeks who manage to invent a time travel device in their garage. The script is very dense, and with many different timelines that are constantly changing it can be almost impossible to follow, but it is not dumbed down at all which I appreciated. The look the director was able to achieve in post was amazing given it was shot on 16mm for $7k. It did not feel cheap at all.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #425 on: January 29, 2010, 01:28:15 am »

I like brick. a lot of my friends hate it, but I like it. the end.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #426 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:23 am »

I also saw Primer and it was awesome. It is a movie about a couple of geeks who manage to invent a time travel device in their garage. The script is very dense, and with many different timelines that are constantly changing it can be almost impossible to follow, but it is not dumbed down at all which I appreciated. The look the director was able to achieve in post was amazing given it was shot on 16mm for $7k. It did not feel cheap at all.

amen, brother.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #427 on: January 29, 2010, 04:14:18 am »

i liked brick - joseph gordon levitt does a lot of good work, i'd recommend the lookout - but didn't care for primer. i feel like primer is the kind of movie that takes like eight watchings to figure out completely, and i'm just not ready to invest that much time into it.

the missus just got 'this is it' on dvd, so i guess that's next on the docket.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #428 on: January 29, 2010, 07:15:18 am »

Rather than watch it eight times I just read the Wiki entry afterwards.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2010, 01:07:26 pm »

Barton Fink

If this movie was a shin, I'd hump it.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #430 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:50 pm »

Barton Fink

If this movie was a shin, I'd hump it.

Yeah.  I'm on board with that. 

Isn't John Goodman terrific in that movie?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2010, 02:53:18 pm »

Oh yeah, absolutely. And the guy playing the movie tycoon - amazing, amazing.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #432 on: February 05, 2010, 01:10:07 pm »

The Road.

Mega good.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #433 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:53 pm »

I watched Constantine last night.  One of the worst movies I've seen in quite a while.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #434 on: February 05, 2010, 09:23:51 pm »

I watched Constantine last night.  One of the worst movies I've seen in quite a while.

Double plus that. Made me want to cry.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35   Go Up