Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 99999 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 02:26:43 am »

You want to see a movie?  This looks like one to be reckoned with.

Grindhouse is supposed to be like a night at a 70's drive-in.  It's going to be two movies - a Tarantino slasher film and a Robert Rodriguez zombie film - with fake trailers interspersed.  One of the fake trailers is for Machete - "he knows the score, he gets the women and he kills the bad guys."  I don't give a shit about the zombie stuff, but God help me, I want to see a full-length Machete movie. 
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 03:14:03 am »

Machete needs no one, but Machete.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 08:13:01 pm »

I'd like to get some of you on my Netflix Friends list to see what you have to say about movies.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 08:43:06 pm »

I'd like to get some of you on my Netflix Friends list to see what you have to say about movies.



Yeah totally.  You need e-mail addresses to invite people to be your friend.

Me   pmcd9_2000 at yahoo dot com
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 02:35:56 am »

I'm dvd at jough dot com there.

Friend me!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 09:55:17 am »

I went to jough.com, because I had never been.  The last song you had listened to was Mother by Danzig.  That is awesome.  That is all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 01:33:55 am »

We saw Office Space.  I have to say that sometimes I wasn't sure whether I wanted to laugh or run screaming from the room.  The thing is, corporate culture these days has gone so far beyond self-parody that a well done parody of it is so realistic that it almost isn't funny. Definitely if I am ever on the verge of giving up and getting a desk job again, I will watch this movie to remind me not to.

I will also say in its favor that it was the perfect length, one and a half hours.  It is my belief that no movie should ever be more than one and a half hours.

We have Fight Club and Big Lebowski in the queue.  I will report back.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 02:18:27 am »

I have to say that sometimes I wasn't sure whether I wanted to laugh or run screaming from the room. 

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 03:13:33 am »

I notice you're wearing the minimum amount of flair.

I saw Office Space while working in a cubicle, having come from a place where I had to wear flair, and it was basically as sad as it was funny for me.  the "Every day is the worst day of my life" line was something my friend and I muttered to each other all the time when we worked in the veal fattening pens. 

Also, people steal so much shit from my desk at the theatre, but since there is no soul crushing aspects to my job there, I never find myself thinking of Office Space when I'm wandering around searching for my stapler.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 04:48:19 am »

but since there is no soul crushing aspects to my job...

Do you know why this is?

It is because you are the boss there...





LUMBERGH!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 12:09:33 pm »

Oh!  I forgot to mention - they have Hawaiian Shirt Fridays at the Technical Staff's office.  I assume this a reference to the movie, but is this something people did before that the movie imitated?  It is not initiated by the bosses and they actually think it is fun, so I suspect it is a reference.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 12:51:56 pm »

Oh!  I forgot to mention - they have Hawaiian Shirt Fridays at the Technical Staff's office.  I assume this a reference to the movie, but is this something people did before that the movie imitated?  It is not initiated by the bosses and they actually think it is fun, so I suspect it is a reference.

We're not allowed to have Hawaiian shirt days at my office. There might be Visitors in the Building.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2006, 01:52:38 pm »

I haven't seen Office Space, but I've worked a cube farms.   

When I worked at Major Pharmaceutical Conglomerate (eight years ago), we had "casual Fridays."  That meant you could wear jeans with your golf shirt instead of khakis, if there were no Visitors scheduled to be in the Building. 

Now that Pedro works at Enormous Computer Company, his boss's boss wears Hawaiian shirts every day.  They also have an Always Wears Black Guy and a Guy Who Wears That One T-Shirt Every Day.  (The shirt says, "I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?")  Apparently they have several Kicks Off His/Her Shoes And Forgets To Put Them Back On People.  Pedro is going for Excessively Professionally Dressed Guy by wearing a shirt and tie every day, even though he doesn't have to. 

You've got to make your mark somehow, I guess. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2006, 02:06:04 pm »

I don't even own a Hawaiian shirt, so I don't have to worry about when I can or can't wear it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2006, 02:17:21 pm »

Now that Pedro works at Enormous Computer Company, his boss's boss wears Hawaiian shirts every day.  They also have an Always Wears Black Guy and a Guy Who Wears That One T-Shirt Every Day.  (The shirt says, "I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?")  Apparently they have several Kicks Off His/Her Shoes And Forgets To Put Them Back On People.  Pedro is going for Excessively Professionally Dressed Guy by wearing a shirt and tie every day, even though he doesn't have to.

I'm going to assume that Always Wears Black Guy is known around the office as "The Darkness."

Last year a woman at my office was pregnant and walked around with no shoes on the entire time. People kept asking, "why ain't you in the kitchen?!" We also have Guy Who Thinks the Ban on Printed Shirts Doesn't Apply to Trite religious Slogans. He's also Rules About Radio Volume Don't Apply to Me Guy.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Up