Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 100043 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 02:56:21 pm »

I work with a Samir.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2006, 06:01:05 am »

I went back three pages to find out what the hell this had to do with watching movies. I wanted to tell people that i watched The Great Escape and Stalag 17 this week, and also went out to see The Prestige.

But I guess that lacking a story about inappropriate ##### I am Not Allowed Here.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2006, 06:24:11 am »

I went back three pages to find out what the hell this had to do with watching movies. I wanted to tell people that i watched The Great Escape and Stalag 17 this week, and also went out to see The Prestige.

But I guess that lacking a story about inappropriate ****** I am Not Allowed Here.

Fair enough. The lengthy inappropriate-trouser discussion has been moved to a topic in Wild Card.

So, movies. What do you think?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2006, 04:06:09 pm »

The Departed was EXCELLENT.  Scorsese's best since Goodfellas.

The Black Dahlia was very disappointing, especially since it started off so strongly.

Arrested Development Season 3 (while not a movie) is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.  Great stuff.  (Yes, I held out to watch it on DVD rather than when it was on - which I guess was part of the ratings problem, huh?)

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2006, 04:35:14 pm »

Bob Loblaw
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2006, 05:06:20 pm »

I just finished reading Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

God, only three seasons, whereas Mad About You and Everybody Loves Raymond just went on and on and on.

How long was Will & Grace on?  Sheesh.

And my favourite show last year (Kitchen Confidential) was canceled after only airing three episodes.  Also on Fox.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2006, 06:06:24 pm »


And my favourite show last year (Kitchen Confidential) was canceled after only airing three episodes.  Also on Fox.


I am currently grabbing more. And have just seen episode four. I also watched the three episodes that aired and was quite taken by it, and just discovered thanks to tviv.org that they have released the whole thirteen run since. It's downloading fairly fast too. meanwhile I've been hacking fingers off and thinking even more of Bourdain.
Doesn't quite make up for them axing Arrested Development which is one of the best comedies in a long while, as well featuring De Rossi, but it's good to have an extra ten.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2006, 06:24:16 pm »

Yeah, I got the rest of Kitchen Confidential from when it aired in Australia, but I'd totally buy a DVD of the complete series.

Meanwhile, the new shows this season mostly suck.  Shark is pretty good but I don't think I'd miss it.  The new sitcoms all seem to suck.  I had hopes for 30 Rock but alas. 

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006, 01:07:19 am »

We just finished The Big Lebowski.  It took two evenings.  It was a movie that moved at, um, a rather leisurely pace, shall we say.

The Technical Staff's review:  This movie was better if you watched it drunk, or probably stoned.

As for me, this was a very satisfactory entrant in the this particular film festival.  Like, now I understand all the times I have heard people say significantly that the rug tied the room together.  Also, didn't we used have to have someone who posted here who called himself thedudeabides?  Anyway, A for its cultural literacy contribution.

In the long run I actually think I liked it.  It was one of those things of which it ought to be said that anyone attempting to find a plot in it would be shot.  But, well, sometimes plot is overrated.  Really my main criticism is that the Dude's hair was too clean all the time.  It was unrealistic.

I think my favorite moment of all was when the African cabdriver throws him out because he says he hates The Eagles.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2006, 01:47:37 am »

In the long run I actually think I liked it.  It was one of those things of which it ought to be said that anyone attempting to find a plot in it would be shot.  But, well, sometimes plot is overrated. 

This is how I feel when I read Neal Stephenson novels.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2006, 01:57:31 am »

It was one of those things of which it ought to be said that anyone attempting to find a plot in it would be shot. 

There's certainly a plot, it's just impossible to ascertain on the first viewing.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2006, 02:29:45 am »

Man, I use lines from Lebowski in my everyday life all the time.

Just last night I think I yelled at some dude for bumping into me "there's a beverage here, man!"

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2006, 02:51:26 am »

There's certainly a plot, it's just impossible to ascertain on the first viewing.

If so, would you mind explaining, if there was never a kidnapping in the first place, how the nihilists with the ferret... oh, never mind. There's no point in overthinking this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2006, 04:54:47 am »

If so, would you mind explaining, if there was never a kidnapping in the first place, how the nihilists with the ferret... oh, never mind. There's no point in overthinking this.

I think the guy that floats in the pool has something to do with informing the Nihilists, or perhaps is one of them himself.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2006, 09:05:51 am »

So, will you be watching Withnail and I next?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Up