Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 99929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2006, 02:43:54 pm »

Isn't the guy floating in the pool Peter Stormare, the "head" nihilist?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2006, 06:20:33 pm »

dude, I totally thought of Eagles-cab-driver-guy when I took a cab the other day.

...I had never dealt with taking a cab before. it was pretty intense, and he was blasting rap music at 6 AM.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:27 pm »

Isn't the guy floating in the pool Peter Stormare, the "head" nihilist?

Ah, that would explain it.

Next is Fight Club.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2006, 10:40:59 pm »

You're in for a treat watching all of these cult films one after the other.  I wish I could rewatch some of them for the first time again.

It'll be the upside to my future severe head trauma, I guess.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2006, 05:41:20 pm »

Yeah, I got the rest of Kitchen Confidential from when it aired in Australia, but I'd totally buy a DVD of the complete series.


I was just rereading this thread and realized that this is something I'd rather see than most movies. Can you tell me how you got it?  I have the vague, out-of-touch idea that there are places where people can illegally download tv shows, but since I only know it from mentions on a board where is forbidden to talk about where you can illegally download things, I remain fundamentally ignorant.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2006, 05:51:41 am »

Maybe if you email me your address I can make sure you get something in the mail.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2006, 01:11:50 pm »

I guess now that Jough lives so far away it's safe enough to send him my address.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2006, 02:39:32 am »

We saw Fight Club.  Well now, that was not at all what we expected.

Technical Staff must have really liked it because we watched it all in one night, despite how excessively long it was.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2006, 03:43:57 am »

We saw Fight Club.  Well now, that was not at all what we expected.


Told you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2006, 12:23:22 pm »

Wombat, you seem immune to my cinematic recommendations, but I watched A Clockwork Orange last night and if you (or anyone else here) hasn't seen it, I can't recommend it enough. It's a really, really great film, and I thought I'd recommend it as it seems the type of film you are after at the moment.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2006, 01:50:03 pm »

We saw Fight Club.  Well now, that was not at all what we expected.

Technical Staff must have really liked it because we watched it all in one night, despite how excessively long it was.

I'm guessing you went in reluctantly expecting Blood Sport. Me too
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2006, 02:40:52 pm »

Not so much the blood sport as the style and not expecting the, well, fantasy aspect of it. It's hard to say much more without being spoilerish for those who haven't seen it.

Tech Staff denies he enjoyed it, by the way.  He says it 'made him feel bad' and 'was stupid' and that he only kept watching to see if it ever got a plot. I am not sure I believe this though.

I may have seen A Clockwork Orange.  Or did I just read the book?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »

Judy-- I have only seen one scene of that film. My film professor was all "I hate this film, but I will show you this clip anyway. (shows awesome scene that made us all want to watch it)"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2006, 06:46:11 pm »

Judy-- I have only seen one scene of that film. My film professor was all "I hate this film, but I will show you this clip anyway. (shows awesome scene that made us all want to watch it)"

Yer professor knows nuthin. Go see it now.

It's a cliche, but I went to Fancy Dress Day at school as the titular Alex. While I do not possess the correct locks of hair or a stick to beat people with, I still succeeded in scaring young children and eliciting a scream when I jumped out at a friend.

Also, I got to wear braces and feel like a gentleman.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2006, 03:28:27 am »

I did not like  A Clockwork Orange but when I saw it I was visiting some friends in another state and had been doing blow for 3 days (I brought it and we were out, so I felt like shit, is what this means) and watched it n the day I was coming down from my little binge.  I should see it again, but I remember much boredom during the first time I watched it. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35   Go Up