Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: wombat tries to watch movies again  (Read 99927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:09 am »

The Blues Brothers

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2007, 02:08:57 am »

The Blues Brothers

I hate Illinois Nazis
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2007, 01:10:43 pm »

Also, just about any 1970s Woody Allen movie.  But of course they're not set in Chicago.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2007, 03:38:30 am »

I will get to work on a romantic comedy where the two romantic interests have bombs strapped to them.  The script is in early development, but the intent is to make it (as the critics will attest) "timelessly romantic and explosively funny."  I think I'll probably just re-write There's Something About Mary only the dog will be a bomb, Ben Stiller's c*ck will be a bomb, the jizz in Mary's hair will be liquid explosive, and Matt Dillon's teeth will be made of tiny bombs... the potential is obvious.

Also, if technical staff is all for romantic comedy and things that blow up, does he like that awful show with Ron Livingston in it... Umm... this one?  I've never seen it, but it seems to combine those two things.



Wasn't Mr. and Mrs. Smith kind of like that?  I didn't see it yet, but it's in my netflix queue.  Mostly because Pedro and I like movies where things blow up and this one seems to have the added bonus of pretty people kissing. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2007, 03:43:15 pm »

I just watched the Big Lebowski.
I really wanted to come in here all talking large about how it weren't all that but I'd just be lying ta y'all. That is indeed a fine movie.
The Dude abides.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:51 pm »

I forgot to report that I saw Withnail and I.  It was not exactly my cup of tea but I can see how it would inspire passion in the right person.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »

Aww Wombat, you did listen to my constant whining at the beginning of the thread. Shame you did not enjoy the movie, but you expressed your dislike so diplomatically that I can hardly gripe.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2007, 09:08:55 pm »

dang. I really have not enjoyed The Big Lebowski any of the times I have seen it. Double-you Tee Eff.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2007, 09:58:48 pm »

Last night at about 4am I had my annual Big Lebowski night.  This is similar to Ray's, but without planning, robes, or white russians.  Basically one night a year, after I have been drinking heavy, I get really high and watch Lebowski.  It is like tripping shrooms, at this point I have gotten all that I am going to get from Lebowski (and mushrooms) but I like to keep on track once a year.  It is like a checkup for my soul. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2007, 10:56:23 pm »

Just saw Pan's Labyrinth last night.  It was great.  It was why movies should be made.  Fantastic.  Also incredibly violent.  Much, much more so than I expected.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:52:21 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2007, 12:27:01 am »

that movie was awesome. as has been discussed.

I kind of loved Children of Men soooo much. Part of it may have been the company, though. "Fuck it, let's go to a movie!" on a random weekday, and we just all went and took the metro to a mall, and watched it. Me and a bunch of guys I kind of know on my floor, all talking about girls and drugs and violent movies...
Basically, I am not used to hanging out with guys, because most of my friends have been girls. always. So when I hang out with guys and have a good time, it is a big deal.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2007, 12:32:15 am »

Quote from: KeithHernandez
It is like a checkup for my soul.

I feel the same way about Eraserhead.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2007, 12:36:35 am »

Oh, I have never seen Eraserhead. Should I?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2007, 12:59:16 am »

Eraserhead is a slightly disturbing movie but you definitely need to see it at least once.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: wombat tries to watch movies again
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2007, 01:12:29 am »

Children of men is basically like treasure, has to have one of the most intense and extended action sequences in any movie I've seen.
I also like Syd. Syd had a rough day there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35   Go Up