Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corinne Bailey Rae  (Read 1198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Corinne Bailey Rae
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:47:50 pm »

I had never heard of her prior to her being the musical guest on SNL this weekend, but I got her album and haven't enjoyed a new album as much in ages.

If you like sexy girl jazz I highly recommend her debut album.

Good stuff.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Corinne Bailey Rae
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:33:03 am »

I'm going to check her out.

Also, in the realm of songstresses, everyone should check out Regina Spektor if you haven't already.  I've been hooked on her for quite some time now.  With influences like Ella Fitzgerald, Chopin mixed with a little punk, she's pretty amazing.  Her earlier albums 11:11 and Songs are more jazz influenced (and not as developed), Soviet Kitsch and Begin to Hope are stronger and add a layer of anti-folk. 

Also, jough, she's in Chicago 10/15/06 @ Park West, and apparently her live shows are amazing.  There's lots of her live stuff on YouTube, and it's phenomenal.  I will die of jealousy if you get to see her. 

She's on a cross US tour right now, so check her out if you can!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Corinne Bailey Rae
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 02:37:53 am »

Fo Sho, Regina Specktor is great.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up