Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct. 16 2006: The North-Toronto "egg-in-your-ear" beetle has reached California!  (Read 3098 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10162006

I love how a labrador getting hit by a car is just like Star Wars.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:52:30 am by MattFish »
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

This is the best Achewood in a while.  It is like a Bill Hicks sketch, everytime you turn on your t.v. the world seems horrible, but you go outside and everything is just fine (Hicks used alot of bad language and a punch line, so his version is a bit funnier than mine).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: Mattgiraffe
I love how a labrador getting hit by a car is just like Star Wars.

There is... another... stick... fetcher...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Pretty swish strip. As I was reading it I wasn't too enamoured, but the way it all built up for the Labrador bit actually made me chuckle, which is pretty damn rare for drawings.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest

Beef's expression in the last panel is what makes it really work. Most days he won't have a nervous breakdown just in the course of doing chores inside, but today? Hell yeah.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

And people on the news wonder why the ratings for the TV news are for suck. Our local Fox affiliate has actually added an extra half-hour called "The Edge" to the end of of their already hour-long evening news. "The Edge" is just 22 minutes of exactly this kind crap. Apparently because the 40 minutes it takes up on the "real" news show just isn't enough.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

That's basically how it is.  Today I woke up to this story on the radio.  Just as I was turning it off they were saying that the boy that got locked in the shed has muscular distrophy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

At our house we refer to the news as "The Fear Show."  I think the worst news story I've ever seen was about the DANGERS of automatic doors at the supermarket.  Their proof was video of a little old lady shuffling through the door, and it closed too soon and knocked her over.  How many hours of security camera footage did they sift through to get the one person who got clocked by an automatic door?  A million?  A billion?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

Poor Beef!  :'(
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Why does Beef have rabbit ears? Isn't he still in Ray's pool house? I'd think that Ray would have, at minimum, HD satellite with the Ultra Premium Platinum Package which features secret channels that show things like cock fights, live footage of Christie's auctions, and what-to-wear shows from 2 years in the future. Not to mention G-TV. All Gina's pu$$y, all the time.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Not to mention G-TV. All Gina's pu$$y, all the time.

I've heard Universal are planning on opening an on-set multi acre studio tour.

The remaining space will accomodate six Gina-themed rollercoasters, and a 1:2 scale model of the Earth.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:25:12 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

What the hell is G-TV and what does it have to do with Gina's pu$$y
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

What the hell is G-TV and what does it have to do with Gina's pu$$y

Oh, mrchee... search "Gina" and "pu$$y" in TOUAMB search option, and all will be revealed.  Welcome to the initiated.


Also, Carlos - I am going to call the news The Fear Show from now on.  Also, we have at least two Fear Channels.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

What the hell is G-TV and what does it have to do with Gina's pu$$y

It's Gina Television. All Gina's pu$$y, All The Time. Featuring top-rated show Spelunking with John
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:44:27 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

And people on the news wonder why the ratings for the TV news are for suck. Our local Fox affiliate has actually added an extra half-hour called "The Edge" to the end of of their already hour-long evening news. "The Edge" is just 22 minutes of exactly this kind crap. Apparently because the 40 minutes it takes up on the "real" news show just isn't enough.

Yea, they did that here too.  I don't think it is called something as cool as "The Edge", but they just rattle on about how nothing is safe anymore or how it used to be safer or how the democrats want to steal your guns or some shit.  Our fox news channel hour show starts at 9 though, and all others start at ten, so I think that is why they added the thirty minute block.  Does anybodys local fox news channel carry "The Point", because it is just some hardcore conservative guy who comes out and is like, "The Democrats are going to eat yer babies, forced abortions, ahhhhh, a bunch more bullshit, and, finally, thats the point, with Mark Hangball".
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up