Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!  (Read 5543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

guns and cigarettes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:03:57 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172006

To me, this is a nice finish to this arc. Bensington is exposed for his low tastes and we learn more about magic Mexican realism.

I love you.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
October 17th, 2006: Dammit, Hockawock!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:48 am »

I love where this ended up.  In the corner, with the know-thy-death ketchup.  Damn that stuff is tacky!

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:11:13 am »

crap! somebody please delete my redundancy, though I swear I never saw this one!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:30:17 am »

I googled hockawock.  I got nothing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:03:28 am »

huh. this one has some good concepts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 05:28:51 am »

Even if I had not already loved this arc, the plaintive little hematite going "awooo" would have won me over. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 07:09:00 am »

It's "Morris" Glass

Not "Morriss"
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 08:44:30 am »

The Paganini in the link is perfect.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

Teldin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:29 pm »

The best thing about this strip is the tiny little 'awooooo'.

Oh baying hematite, I love you!
Logged

innes

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • thanks awfully
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 01:01:21 pm »

So Edison was trying to make ketchup that bestows a feeling of melancholy?
I wouldn't buy that product. I need my condiments to be uplifting and life-affirming.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 01:39:16 pm »

What exactly would you call this form of old timey science...converting a substance through proximity to certain rare minerals, yet not combining them...it's not alchemy, what is it?

and yes, awooooo is the best part.

Much love for the Singapore Sling, by the way. The drink with a million forgotten ingredients and Cherry Heering.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 02:16:01 pm »

No! They have to go? We just got here!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:27 pm »

Paganini On A Six String

Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:47 pm »

Quote from: JudyIsADickSlap
Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?

If you'd ever been to Florida, you'd know.

Everything there is a total Hunt's move.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:35 pm »

Daayum.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up