Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef as a gourd  (Read 1727 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Beef as a gourd
« on: October 18, 2006, 08:42:54 pm »

I decided to try and get into the holiday spirit with my family over the weekend and this is what I came up with:

Beef in the light: http://eyemaginations.com/download/misc/Beef-pumpkin01.jpg
Beef in the dark (natural habitat): http://eyemaginations.com/download/misc/Beef-pumpkin02.jpg

It was tough to get a good shot with my somewhat-crappy camera, so I apologize for the poor quality (especially the dark shot). I figured you guys would want to see this regardless.

I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. If I was to do it over, I probably would have picked a better picture - perhaps of multiple characters. I may get another pumkin this weekend to try this with.

I thought I had remembered another achewood pumkin carving  a couple years ago. I tried looking for it but didn't come up with anything. Anyone else remember that?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 08:48:32 pm »

That's fab! Good show, mate.

If anyone is willing to devote the time or resource, how awesome would a cast shot of the Achewood characters be in pumpkin form?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:19:14 pm »

how awesome would a cast shot of the Achewood characters be in pumpkin form?

Probably be the saddest thing.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:14 pm »

wow, I had to stare at that for way too long to find Beef. I was seeing his jowls as eyes, and thinking "wow, this guy really sucks. is everyone being nice, or what?" And then I noticed the top of his head.

good show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:05:45 am »

Very nice. I am jealous - whatever I do with my pumpkins this year will be a disappointment in comparison.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:51:05 pm »

That is absolutely amazing.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Beef as a gourd
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:32:18 am »

Like theinev, I had trouble seeing it when I looked at the Daytime shot. The evening shot is awesome. Good show!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up