Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!  (Read 10339 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 06:29:43 pm »

Yeah, just about every line of dialogue in this strip is subject-worthy. I'm also fond of the spider bite big enough that it should receive tennis lessons.

Once again, we have proof that Ray apparently became hardcore at some point. Goddamn.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »

Strip of the Year.  Oh wait, I already said that.  It's a toss up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ktoad

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 24
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
    • chemical comics daily
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »

Riverdance Butters and the ladies.

I'd like to travel in time to 1979 and use that for the title of a new television program.  Maybe it stars Ernest Borgnine as RB, a gambler/grifter/raconteur, who is confronted one day by his ex who ran a brothel until the sheriff closed it down.  Now she cons Riverdance into taking her in, along with several sassy young ladies who worked for her.  Every week they hatch another bold scheme to get rich while staying one step ahead of the law.  Alas, many of these plans don't come to fruition, but you watch because it's better than another "B.J. and the Bear" rerun.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 11:15:38 pm »

I wonder, is it really a good idea to store the tea kettle with an inch of water in it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 11:43:15 pm »

mayhaps this shall cure the diabetes!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 11:44:49 pm »

I wonder, is it really a good idea to store the tea kettle with an inch of water in it?

I don't see why not.

In the least it would protect it from melting if it ever met a flame accidentally.  :shrug:

In my parent's business, they always use a decrepit old pot that starts melting and smelling awful when there's no water in it.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 12:03:40 am »

Just walk it to the table and shoot it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 01:07:30 am »

I wonder, is it really a good idea to store the tea kettle with an inch of water in it?

This is more or less the default condition of my teakettle.  Not through any rational means however - I just rarely have occasion to use all the water I boiled.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 02:48:12 am »

I wonder, is it really a good idea to store the tea kettle with an inch of water in it?
This is more or less the default condition of my teakettle.  Not through any rational means however - I just rarely have occasion to use all the water I boiled.

I used to leave water in the kettle until one day I discovered it had begun to RUST.

After I've filled the teapot, I always empty out the last of the water dregs into the sink. I got an expensive tea kettle and I don't want it to rust. Plus I don't want to ingest rust.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 03:00:59 am »

It seems like there's a difference between tea pots and tea kettles? Is that right?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 03:16:58 am »

It seems like there's a difference between tea pots and tea kettles? Is that right?

YES. Teapots can't be heated on the stove, because they are usually porcelain or ceramic and would break if you tried to do that. A teakettle is made for heating water. I guess you could put tea leaves in a teakettle, but I don't think it would be a very good idea.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 03:35:48 am »

Plus I don't want to ingest rust.

Why not? I thought you ladies needed the iron.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 03:51:51 am »

yeah man, what gives?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 03:54:40 am »

I saw a Good Eats episode about rust the other day. That Alton Brown, he made a Rust Quiche using only a whisk and a soldering gun.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 04:07:27 am »

I thought that rust would give you lockjaw.

DAMMIT! The Internet proves me wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

Quote from: the internets
Association with rust

Tetanus is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this is somewhat misleading. Rust itself does not cause tetanus or contain more C. tetani bacteria. Objects that accumulate rust are often found in the outdoors or places that generally contain more anaerobic bacteria. Since C. tetani is an anaerobic bacterium, it will thrive in an environment that lacks oxygen. The rough surface of rusty metal provides a prime habitat for the endospore to reside. This endospore is a non-metabolising survival structure and once in an adequate environment (e.g. a puncture wound) it begins metabolising and an infection begins. Therefore, stepping on an old forgotten nail in a stable could easily result in tetanus, partly because C. tetani is found in animal feces (which is rather abundant in a stable) and the puncture wound effectively create an ideal breeding ground for the bacteria (because of the lack of oxygen). Such an old nail would likely be rusty, but a lack of rust would provide no protection. On the other hand, someone scratching themselves against a rusty fire escape ladder in an urban setting would have a much lesser chance of getting tetanus since fire escape ladders do not often come into intimate contact with soil, dirt or organic waste and the wound itself (e.g. a scratch) does not create an oxygen-poor environment.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up