Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!  (Read 6477 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« on: October 27, 2006, 05:46:30 pm »


http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10272006

I hope that I find an opportunity to use the Opera Singer emoticon someday.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:15:40 pm »

I hate to argue with Wombat regarding the subject, but the fact that it doesn't mention Satan-neutralTM makes me a little sad
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:19:08 pm »

I considered that but I wasn't sure if the superscript would work in a subject line.  And I hate when that thing happens where you mess around with the post for so long that someone else starts another thread. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:36 pm »

I would just like to weigh in, agreeing that most of the people who claim to have photographic memories are either lying or do not know what the hell they mean by a photographic memory. I honestly think that some people believe that it means they think in pictures as, I am told, most people actually do. Which has nothing to do with memory.

I'm told I'm weird because I think in typed words and spoken words and not in images, parenthetically. It seems most people do not think this way! It aids in being able to describe completely awful things without picturing them and grossing out others for fun and profit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:50 pm »

Hmm.  Still a Phillippe Friday, but considerably less Meh this week.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 06:54:16 pm »

This is maybe the best Philippe Times in a while. I love Philippe's pig costume, and Satan-NeutralTM is a fantastic phrase, one I should start applying to more things.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:58:24 pm »

Doubtless Lyle is one step closer to Miami's respect in this little visit to Hell's Ditch. Genet's feeling Ramon's dick, the guy in the bunk above gets sick, the lunatic in the cell next door starts screaming for his mother.

Why does Phillipe's pig costume have hair? If anything it looks like he's trying to pull off Emeril as his own food. Maybe in this year's Halloween strip Phillipe IS Ray's homecoming meal.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »

Why does Phillipe's pig costume include an afro?  Was he influenced by the naked guy?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 07:04:41 pm »

My interpretation was that Philippe, in the style of little kids who design their own Halloween costumes, is a little vague on what a pig looks like. That, or he just wanted to wear an Afro wig.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 07:13:48 pm »

Perhaps he feels that some kind of wig or headgear is obligatory for a costume. It's a reasonable conclusion to arrive at, I think.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 07:40:26 pm »

Maybe he's trying to be attractive to Teador.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

stringph

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I been meanin' to learn a little geometry
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 08:02:02 pm »


I feel that large numbers of cans should be awarded to anyone who can find the source of Fig. 1. Bonus for doing so without trawling through large amounts of porn.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 08:18:25 pm »

I can reliably inform you that typing 'naked man' into Google and checking the first few pages is neither productive or healthy.

I am now moving onto 'naked dude'. The first page of results is nothing if not discouraging.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 09:02:58 pm »

I'm told I'm weird because I think in typed words and spoken words and not in images, parenthetically.
Interesting.

"Are you sure it's not time for a colorful metaphor?"

I love the disclaimer by Beef at the end.  Also the alt-text.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:50 pm »

I would just like to weigh in, agreeing that most of the people who claim to have photographic memories are either lying or do not know what the hell they mean by a photographic memory. I honestly think that some people believe that it means they think in pictures as, I am told, most people actually do. Which has nothing to do with memory.

I'm told I'm weird because I think in typed words and spoken words and not in images, parenthetically. It seems most people do not think this way! It aids in being able to describe completely awful things without picturing them and grossing out others for fun and profit.

"Eidetic memory" is the more precise and less misleading term for "photographic memory."  I know I got it cause I memorized the names of all the people with eidetic memory in the Wikipedia article.  Look: Mozart, Nikola Tesla, John of Gorze.  Oh, I could go on.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone thinks in mentalese, which I suppose is like Esperanto.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up