Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!  (Read 6486 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »

The strength of my memory is inversely proportional to the importance of the information to daily life.  This is useful for Trivial Pursuit, and is a source of amusement for my colleagues who like to play "Lets find something John doesn't know about."  However, its a source of despair for my wife, who resorts to emailing me reminders to do things like get gas in the car.  Sometimes she does this when we're both at home.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 10:52:17 pm »

Speaking of alt texts (or more accurately, 'title'), with firefox 2, the tooltip does not appear when I hover over images, and thus I am robbed of it from comics such as achewood, dr. mcninja, or xkcd.  I have to look at the image properties to get it.  Anyone know how to re-enable this?
Logged
~

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 11:03:30 pm »

Oh, please let this be the segue to a Lyle-in-prison story arc. Not enough Lyle lately.

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 11:07:42 pm »

Quote from: Enkidu
I love the disclaimer by Beef at the end.  Also the alt-text.

A can for naming yourself after Sumarian epic poetry.

Also, I want a Halloween costume of myself that consists of a mask of my own face? And a plastic smock with a picture of myself on it saying "Trick or Treat!" in a big word bubble instead of a close approximation of the clothes I would usually wear rendered as a plastic smock. Because the latter would be just silly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 11:13:14 pm »

Hey kiu kredi la strio bezoni pli Lyle!

I once got a bloody big box, dressed it up as a pumpkin, put it on a trolley (with arm holes) and wheeled myself about. The dog (who's terror of my previous Headless Man costume resulted in five stitches) tore it up along with a small part of my arm, but not before I'd forlornly wheeled myself around the empty village after some local toughs mercilessly trundled me into a shite filled ditch.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 11:24:31 pm »

Nepra, mi posedi lauxlegxa rajto en bebo produkti
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 11:44:03 pm »

Speaking of alt texts (or more accurately, 'title'), with firefox 2, the tooltip does not appear when I hover over images, and thus I am robbed of it from comics such as achewood, dr. mcninja, or xkcd.  I have to look at the image properties to get it.  Anyone know how to re-enable this?

I haven't upgrade to FX2 yet (I'm waiting a bit to allow time for extensions and themes to update) but I use the Popup ALT Attribute. There's also a Greasemonkey script that will display the text underneath the comic for Achewood, Dinosaur Comics, A Softer World, Dr McNinja, Wondermark, and xkcd.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 12:50:56 am »

Achewood doesn't actually use alt-text - it uses a title element - and that does pop-up in Firefox, although it concatenates the text after so many characters and just puts a ... at the end.

So you'd still need to check the properties to read the entire title text.

I don't know of any way around this... as of yet.

But you can change a LOT of FF's behaviour with:

about:config

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 02:58:58 am »

Achewood doesn't actually use alt-text - it uses a title element - and that does pop-up in Firefox, although it concatenates the text after so many characters and just puts a ... at the end.

So you'd still need to check the properties to read the entire title text.

I don't know of any way around this... as of yet.

But you can change a LOT of FF's behaviour with:

about:config



https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1715/
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 03:01:01 am »

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1715/

Damn! At least I was out-CJ'd by the man himself.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2006, 03:39:02 am »

Povi por todo persono en es fadeno por mensolo mi kiel multa mi ami Esperanto kaj konduki dorso a maljuna peco!

SOPIRI VIVI HARRY HARRISON!

I don't read Esperanto, but Harry Harrison ROCKS.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2006, 02:46:06 pm »

I once got a bloody big box, dressed it up as a pumpkin, put it on a trolley (with arm holes) and wheeled myself about. The dog (who's terror of my previous Headless Man costume resulted in five stitches) tore it up along with a small part of my arm, but not before I'd forlornly wheeled myself around the empty village after some local toughs mercilessly trundled me into a shite filled ditch.

A can for this heartbreaking story.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 04:02:42 pm »

Great "add-on" Cort.  Remember when they were called "extensions" last version?  Sigh.

Anyway, I love FF2.0 so far except when it just completely freezes up when I'm trying to scroll up or down a page sometimes and I have to kill it with a three fingered salute.  By "sometimes" I mean at least three times a day.

I know I should have waited for the first point release, but dang it's just so derned... sexy.

Love the spell-check built right into the browser for text fields, too.  I am ashamed to admit that I need it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 04:47:57 pm »

I'm still addicted to TBE. Granted, every single official release of FX has included more and more TBE features but there are still some missing that I can't otherwise live without. How do people survive without undo-close-tab?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up