Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!  (Read 6487 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 05:53:16 pm »

I'm still addicted to TBE. Granted, every single official release of FX has included more and more TBE features but there are still some missing that I can't otherwise live without. How do people survive without undo-close-tab?

Doesn't FF2 have an undo-close-tab button as a stock inclusion anyway? I've only got one extension (alt-text sorter-outer, thanks CJ) but I can undo-close-tab whenever it takes my fancy. Sorry if I've misinterpreted or the like.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 06:26:25 pm »

Yeah, undo close tab is native now, as is "Restore Previous Browser Session" which will re-open everything in case of a crash or if you just close the browser with a dozen tabs open.

Seriously, though, learn how to use about:config - you can change anything you don't like pretty much.  I've made the default tab width 75px instead of the default 100 so I can have more tabs visible at once.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 09:27:01 pm »

There are times when I feel as though I know something about computers.

This is not one of them.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »

yeah, um, where are these two now-native features hiding from me? I am not experiencing any of them.

also, I downloaded an Ad-On which is supposed to tell me the weather, but it does not know that St Louis exists (except a bunch of them in France.)


pre-edit: Actually, I found the "recently closed tabs" thing. clever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:28 am »

Doesn't FF2 have an undo-close-tab button as a stock inclusion anyway? I've only got one extension (alt-text sorter-outer, thanks CJ) but I can undo-close-tab whenever it takes my fancy. Sorry if I've misinterpreted or the like.

It is a native feature now but it wasn't in in previous versions. I meant that as an example of a can't-live-without feature that one used to need an extension for. See also: Session Restore and Force Single Window Mode
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 03:05:32 am »

I like how the core app has started to absorb some of the features of the smaller and very common extensions.  I hope it continues to subsume the extensions that just add necessary flexibility to the platform itself.

I mean, I wouldn't expect FireFox to become bloatware, adding in every extension ever made, but basic tab management and not DELETING YOUR BOOKMARKS when it crashes is a nice start.

Yes, I still run a backup macro at least once a day that saves my Mozilla profiles folder to an external hard drive just in case something goes wonky and FF decides when it restarts again to wipe out all of my settings and bookmarks.

So not doing that is a big plus.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 07:42:13 pm »

I'm a pig for Halloween!
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 07:56:45 pm »

I'm a pig for Halloween!

Bimmicus! Act your age!

For Halloween, I will merely possess the appetite of a pig. Those Halloween sweets ain't going to eat them themselves.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 08:07:47 pm »

I am pretty sure I am nothing for Halloween. damn that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 08:19:59 pm »

If I were to act my age, I'm pretty sure I would be dead.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 09:49:56 pm »

Flashblocker is the greatest little program on Earth.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 27 2006 Free stew and jammies!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 11:41:31 pm »

Flashblocker is the greatest little program on Earth.

That's another one that I completely forgot isn't standard. Mainly when I hear people bitching about MySpace playing songs whether you want to hear them or not.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up