Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview  (Read 3102 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:17:37 am »

Link

Another zine!. I think the interview at least is good, as Cornelius is hands down one of the best Achewood characters, which is hard when nearly all the cast are pretty classy. Me, I won't buy it, but this mostly due to a lack of credit card.

There is still a twinge in me, however, that reminds me I would really rather have a strip or some blogs today.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:29:03 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:38:40 am »

dude...
dude..

you are awake. and I am awake. But you are awake because it is morning. WHOAAA.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 08:34:58 am »

The interview is nice but the video-clip linked to is high art.
Logged

beautifulspam

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2
  • Yesssss
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:48:17 am »

Chinese people believe that extremely hot or cold food causes internal damage. 

Chinese people also believe that sticking burning needles in themselves is a good idea.

Who is right?  You decide.
Logged
The greys have a high metallic content in the skin, as well as an unusual cobalt pigmentation. Many have no external sex organs, but some have been bred to have them.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:32:19 pm »

Basically anything that involves Roast Beef is genius.  ;D
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 02:34:48 pm »

I love RB. I'm gonna start saying "this is a question:" everytime I ask something to someone. the fun to be had!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 03:58:23 pm »

"Your system is so fine and old that you just need temperatures."

We should all be so lucky after we've been there and here in our months.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 04:10:47 pm »

Cornelius Bear and frozen waffle things is really jarring. Nice advertisement, though.
Logged
We must repeat!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 04:23:17 pm »

"Your system is so fine and old that you just need temperatures."

We should all be so lucky after we've been there and here in our months.

Yes, so lovely. Finally something to look forward to about aging.

It is possible that I am in an impressionable mood this morning, but I find this so good that I don't know where to start. I am just in love.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 06:21:16 pm »

I thought I was most impressed by the creation of the word "pragmacticality"?

Until I saw "this is what death looks like"... because...

That IS what death looks like.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:03:50 pm »

The interview is nice but the video-clip linked to is high art.
I'm gonna have Ace of Spades in my head all day now.  It also made me wear worn out jeans and a black concert T-shirt.  Also I think I might need a motorcycle.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:07:15 pm »

I'm gonna have Ace of Spades in my head all day now.  It also made me wear worn out jeans and a black concert T-shirt.  Also I think I might need a motorcycle.

True story: Today, I wore a leather jacket and a Clash top (it was the closest T shirt I had!) to school in honour of this puppet show.

Unfortunately, all I got from it was an unfortunately smelly teacher talking to me about old bands and considerable ridicule! What's the deal with that? Perhaps it was justified.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 10:34:21 pm »

dang, I do not own a leather jacket.

probably for the better?

speaking of Rawk Music, is shaving/buzzing my head with a "beard trimmer" idiotic? It seems that as long as it starts out as semi-short, it should be fine. I mean... my facial hair is much thicker than my head-hair, so... is this going to end with me in extreme pain in some way?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 10:56:07 pm »

No, its just incredibly inefficient.  You're going to get bored long before you get it even.  Plus, your shoulders will be tired from holding your arms over your head, and you'll find the non-dominant side very difficult.

Ask me why I know...

Well, no, don't.  Let it be said that college years are a fine time to experiment with alternative haircuts however.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 11:29:33 pm »

I'd cosign those opinions based on probably similiar experience.
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up