Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview  (Read 3095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 11:44:28 pm »

update: one of the guys down the hall has an actual Hair Clipper type thing, so I am going to borrow that, instead.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 06:33:35 pm »

based on experience I would also suggest:

Get a girl you trust to do the cutting.

GIRL.

Do not miss this detail.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 07:59:27 pm »

oh, it is done. the only ugly part is one where one of the ladies cut too close with scissors.

I have gotten lots of compliments, and I like it. there are pictures on my flickr.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 08:09:32 pm »

It is a good thing you followed the hawaiian guys advise even if you let two girls at the task who look a little over enthusiastic with shearing implements. The winter/short hair combination will perhaps encourage you into the realm of hat experimentation now.
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 10:09:11 pm »

yeah, it's weird... now I can feel the cold on my head. and when I put on my hat, I can feel the difference. crazy.

I just realized, this is probably the shortest my hair has been since I have had hair.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up