Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: November Blogs, 2006  (Read 9023 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 01:36:44 pm »

"Don't get me wrong—olive oil has its place. That place is at the store, while you are buying butter."

bwAH
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 01:42:58 pm »

That's a funny line.  I tend to not read the blogs, so I apprecitate their discussion here.  I get the best of them without all of that time-consuming reading.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:07:25 pm »

If death by congeeling butter shows up in the next Saw movie Ray should sue for hell of royalties.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
8 November 2006 -- The Vegan's Body is Slowly Crushed
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 03:40:47 pm »

Ray's Ode to Butter

Onstad appears to be back in top form.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:28:22 pm by mrchee »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 06:19:13 pm »

You know why this is funny?  This is funny because I had the same revalation about butter about 18 months ago.  BUUUUUUUTTTTTERRR!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

mtarquin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
  • nun
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 08:09:26 pm »

This blog entry gave me lactose-induced stomach ailment just by reading it. So much butter.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 08:55:23 pm »

I disagree with Ray about olive oil.  But he is right that butter is a good thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:42 pm »

I put butter in my grits this morning and then said quetly to them "buttttteeeeer" in Ray-mintation. Not quitely enough, though, the waitress heard me as she was passing by the counter and gave me hella glares. She stayed beyond arms reach the rest of the time I was there. I guess what happened here is I shamed myself publicly in butter adulation.

eh, whaddayagonnado...
Logged
We must repeat!

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 12:05:44 am »

I put butter in my grits this morning and then said quetly to them "buttttteeeeer" in Ray-mintation. Not quitely enough, though, the waitress heard me as she was passing by the counter and gave me hella glares. She stayed beyond arms reach the rest of the time I was there. I guess what happened here is I shamed myself publicly in butter adulation.

eh, whaddayagonnado...

Maybe she had seen Last Tango in Paris the night before, and thought you were having wrong ideas.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 12:36:29 am »

I disagree with Ray about olive oil.

Olive oil is little more than a skidmark on the underp4nts of culinary science
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 03:17:34 am »

Dude, porking olive oil and swerving around the ##### bannination all in one sentance. Living large on the edge you thrillseeker you.
Logged
We must repeat!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 03:42:54 am »

Olive oil is delicious. I love it.

that being said... I am trying to lose weight, but as Ray demonstrated, sometimes you just have to break out the butter. I'll run around the block later. Last Saturday I won twenty pounds of Red King Crab. Minutes ago, I finished cooking what would equal a $100 entree in the Lower 48, prepared some hella decadent garlic-infused melted butter and rigatoni, and had a ridiculously good meal. Ideally there would have been some vegetables with that, but I eat this stuff for two meals a day so I figure I've got those bases covered. It has freeze-dried broccoli and spirulina (blue-green algae) in it.

...I digress. Anyway, I have twenty pounds of Red King. For free, bitches. My freezer looks like this:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:46:19 am by linnea »
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 07:31:55 am »

Olive oil does not deserve to be mentioned together with King Crab.  Shit, not even regular butter is good enough.  You need to clarify that shit, make sure you get the most fat/cholesterol for your buck
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 05:37:47 pm »

Roast beef said that italians don't know how to cook pasta and many of youlagreed.  Ray says olive oil is not good and again we have widespread agreement with this sentiment.  I'm now inclined to believe that y'all are full of shit.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: November Blogs, 2006
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 05:39:55 pm »

Roast beef said that italians don't know how to cook pasta and many of youlagreed.

~Paul

... People agreed with Roast Beef on this? No offence to anyone, but bollocks!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up