Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is EVERYBODY dang it  (Read 12142 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« on: November 05, 2006, 04:35:26 pm »

Where are you all on weekends these days this board is dead. How am I supposed to goof off at work?

Actually, I do know where Carlos was. I was at work yesterday (at the aquarium in downtown DC) and someone said to me "Did you used to work at the National Zoo?" And I said yes, confusedly, because I was sure he wasn't someone I knew from the zoo. Then he said "Does the word 'Achewood' mean anything to you?"

So, I've been having a momentary micro-mini DC Ache-con, and getting bit by a snake.  What's your excuses?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:11:31 pm »

I have been here, and checking the boards. Nothing new had ever been posted.

I was so alone. So alone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 07:50:22 pm »

Also: J-Nisms, I know that you are alive. I have seen pictures, and pictures of clothing, etc. Do not avoid us. You know you need us.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 07:55:55 pm »

I have been here, and checking the boards. Nothing new had ever been posted.


See, now, people, this is a problem.  If you are looking and not posting because no one else has posted, and the next person is looking and not posting because no one else has posted... That's exactly when you need to take some initiative.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:58:04 pm »

And what's more: If you are a Guest who finds us fascinating enough that you are reading nearly three year old "Happy Birthday, Wombat" threads, maybe it's time to register and pitch in?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 08:15:06 pm »

I've become fascinated with flickr.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 08:27:16 pm »

Flickr is going to cause the end of civilization as we know it. All people typing 'halloween pug' into the Flickr search box and having to look at 600 pictures and never doing any work again much less posting on messageboards elsewhere... Don't say I didn't warn you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 08:31:42 pm »

Yesterday was a day for small tasks that needed doing (haircut, new footy kit) and today I had friends over and went to the old November the Fifth celebrations.

A penny loaf to feed the Pope.
A farthing o' cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.

Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:42:13 pm »

"Footy kit"?

I've been avoiding the radio. I freaking hate federal open enrollment season and election time. They seem to just be alternating between insurance ads and capaigning during every commercial break.

Also I've been burning a bunch of stuff I downloaded from eMusic on to CDs.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 09:45:39 pm »

Two things.

First, my policy is if yez ain't got nothin to say, say nothin.

Second, I will probably be a little out of pocket for the next few days.  Mrs. West is having Lap-Band surgery (and Laproscopic gall bladder removal) tomorrow.  I also have to be in court both tomorrow and Tuesday.  Hectic!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:51:15 pm »

First, my policy is if yez ain't got nothin to say, say nothin.

Second, I am nearly positive that a footy kit is a soccer jersey in the states.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 11:28:15 pm »

Best of luck to Mrs. West!

I just haven't had that much to say, and I've been focused on schoolwork right now anyway. I've got an exam tomorrow and an exam on Tuesday, so my days may be numbered.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 03:16:07 am »

I'm moving to Chicago this week and between full-time work (remotely from Philly) and packing, visiting with people before I leave, and getting things ready in Chicago, I'm pretty swamped.

I'll probably post a lot less once I move, too.  It's just how it goes.  Can't really post to cartoon message boards when I'm on someone else's manor, you know?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 03:38:38 am »

Actually, I do know where Carlos was. I was at work yesterday (at the aquarium in downtown DC) and someone said to me "Did you used to work at the National Zoo?" And I said yes, confusedly, because I was sure he wasn't someone I knew from the zoo. Then he said "Does the word 'Achewood' mean anything to you?"

Well, sad to say I couldn't remember your real name (still can't, in fact).  So I didn't just want to barge up all goin' "Izzat you, Wombat?"  If it wasn't, I'd have been escorted from the building.

You know what i did today?  I raked leaves.  A bajillion fuck*ng leaves.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Where is EVERYBODY dang it
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 04:12:01 am »

I saw the Borat movie, which was... pretty good. And hung out with my friends. So far, I haven't done any work, because I am a lazy bastard and all I have to do is read some stuff.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up