Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Election Day  (Read 9044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Election Day
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:34:48 pm »

I didn't have to wait in line. And my county wasn't a laughingstock like it was in the primary for not knowing how to use its own voting equipment. I guess that's the best you can hope for these days.  And, a pug.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:47:23 pm »

I had to wait half an hour because one of the 5 machines was down. And for some reason they scheduled today as leaf day as well, so there were gobs of perfectly good parking spaces full of leaf bags.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:55:15 pm »

Apparently (from the sticker) your county let's canine-americans have a vote too. I approve.
Logged
We must repeat!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:08:53 pm »

Did you vote for that douchebag Trachtenberg?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:39 pm »

I happily voted against that douchebag Santorum.  I wasn't so happy about voting for his opponent, but it's a necessary thing.

Otherwise I didn't really like the remainder of my choices either.

But fuck it - I'm moving out of the state in a day.  The local mess is other peoples' problem now. ;)

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:53:06 pm »

What a dignified pug photo. That is a pug with gravitas.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:15:28 pm »

No Pugs, but...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 01:36:52 am »

Like Jough, I held my nose and voted for a man who proposes roving anti-terrorist death squads because he's not Rick Santorum.

Then I went home, ate too many cheese fries, and took a nap.

GOOD THINGS: that pug is adorable. Can for cute pug.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 03:37:11 am »

I just want to add that as a Canadian, I heard of the "frothy mix" definition of Santorum before I knew of the terrible politician who gave the frothy mix its name sake.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 04:42:37 am »

As of about a minute ago, fuck*ng shitbag fake-ass-southerner racist spits-on-women George Felix Allen Junior leads Jim Webb for Virignia's Senate seat by like eight thousand fuck*ng votes with 98% of precincts reporting.  Hopefully those last two percent are precincts in Arlington and Alexandria, which are heavily Dem.

I voted early this morning, and it was uneventful.  I bought two chocolate chip cookies at the 6th grader's bake sale and ate them on the way to work.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 04:56:24 am »

The thing that I love about living in a small town is that I don't even have to show ID when I go to vote. I got some free candy, I filled in my ballot, and was on my way in under 2 minutes.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:09 am »

As of about a minute ago, fuck*ng shitbag fake-ass-southerner racist spits-on-women George Felix Allen Junior leads Jim Webb for Virignia's Senate seat by like eight thousand fuck*ng votes with 98% of precincts reporting.  Hopefully those last two percent are precincts in Arlington and Alexandria, which are heavily Dem.

I voted early this morning, and it was uneventful.  I bought two chocolate chip cookies at the 6th grader's bake sale and ate them on the way to work.

Don't forget the Anti-Basic Human Rights ammendment that passed by a depressingly large margin.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 06:06:54 am »

this election has cemented block 1 of my (presumed) slow descent from idealism into cynicism: listening to liberals now offends my sensibilities roughly as much as listening to conservatives does. I never thought I would be that guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 06:26:58 am »

this election has cemented block 1 of my (presumed) slow descent from idealism into cynicism: listening to liberals now offends my sensibilities roughly as much as listening to conservatives does. I never thought I would be that guy.

Listening to liberals or listening to Democrats? Most Dem candidates at the moment are not what I would consider liberal.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Election Day
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 06:46:56 am »

no, I mean the clueless liberal students around me who say completely bullshit things. and basically say that anyone who disagrees with them is an ignorant bigot who hates women and gays and black people and doesn't believe in freedom or democracy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up