Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy  (Read 2916 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:47:25 am »

Link to strip

A moderately rough chuckle today, but I laughed. Besides... it's Todd.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:54:58 am »

Thats a rough chuckle. Is this the last we'll see of Todd? Will he return to us, or is he joining Blister at the Party in the Sky?
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:01:02 am »

I like my chuckles rough when it comes to Todd.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 11:54:22 am »

I was shocked, for a while. Then I remembered, if Todd goes to hell, he knows a way to come back.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 12:48:10 pm »

Oh man, the fattening up for winter is going all too well.  Don't remind me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 05:10:34 pm »

I got all confused, when I read this, because I had just read the weather forecast which predicted mid-60's today.

Does it get that cold in California? You'd think Todd could survive by Not Giving a Fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 05:47:21 pm »

I got all confused, when I read this, because I had just read the weather forecast which predicted mid-60's today.

Does it get that cold in California? You'd think Todd could survive by Not Giving a Fuck.

A wizard made it cold in Achewood today. The rest of CA was not affected.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 06:30:16 pm »

I was shocked, for a while. Then I remembered, if Todd goes to hell, he knows a way to come back.

I forgot that there are diners in Hell.  Seems appropriate.  Every seat is probably next to the kitchen as well.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 06:50:09 pm »

I forgot that there are diners in Hell.  Seems appropriate.  Every seat is probably next to the kitchen as well.


It's an insult to diners to compare them to Friendly's
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »

Todd gets less funny with every redesign.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 08:03:41 pm »

update: it is in the mid -70's-, not the mid-60's. nice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 08:18:56 pm »

I like to think Teodor is using one of those hollow plastic wiffle ball bats that'll make a good funny sounding "PWOONG" when he smokes Todd the Dead Squll. And I agree with Bimmicus, Todd isn't so much funny as pathetic now. A squill that looks like an ass with a turd hanging out.
Logged
We must repeat!

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 08:36:55 pm »

I was shocked, for a while. Then I remembered, if Todd goes to hell, he knows a way to come back.

This brings up a good point...I guess Todd eventually had to work out that riddle?
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 11:13:02 pm »

This brings up a good point...I guess Todd eventually had to work out that riddle?

I think they just kicked him out because he was stinking up the joint.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 9 November 2006 -- When you die, leave your body to comedy
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 06:30:53 am »

This seems like suicide, Todd is giving up way easy.  I can definitely imagine the kind of dark place you'd be if you watched America's Funniest Home Videos to fail to notice a season was changing.  All bleak and seeing no point in life but to earn some Indiana family $10,000 and a shower of red white and blue balloons.

What would the Bob Saget say over a tape of a dead squirrel in a helmet being smacked repeatedly with a baseball bat until it lobbed over a fence?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up