Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cybernations  (Read 6219 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Cybernations
« on: November 10, 2006, 10:37:27 pm »

Out of interest and for my own personal gain, does anyone here play Cybernations? I know at least some of you here would be interested in this kind of thing.

Basically, you have your nation, collect taxes, and use the resulting money to improve it in myriad ways. But, you can make fight with other nations, trade, etc. which makes it quite fun, and most of the people aren't dicks about it, it seems. It takes a while to get going, but to start with just check in daily to manage the daily tax income and time will fly like it's gone out of fashion. Roll on huge armies and nuclear warfare with others!

If you join, I can trade you giraffe and Sugar. I'm sure the Achewood cookbook would have a recipe utilising both commodities.

Christ, I've never felt like more of a nerd in my life. This is what getting older is like.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40:26 pm »

I do not know what to name my country. dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:44:15 pm »



NERDS!                 NERDS!                     NERDS!
Logged
We must repeat!

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:45:59 pm »

DANG MAN I HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 11:52:49 pm »

Judy: I am the small Gibraltar-country of "Leiria". Kind of lame name, but, sorry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:02:32 am »

I started a nation (Laclon) with an anti-nuclear weapons stance and a primarily Jewish population. Naturally, my randomly-selected natural resources are uranium and pigs.

Anyone want some radioactive bacon?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 03:38:01 am »

I am Gurnia and I have Silver and Coal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:26:18 am »

I'm Cornelius; I've got gold and iron. And 72 citizens!

UPDATE: 80!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 11:51:40 am »

Oops, I should probably have mentioned: My nation is Poguemahone.

If we all choose to be the Black Team we can trade with each other and get happiness bonuses, so that might be an idea.

Anyway, I'll try and get you all at least £750 in aid by the end of the day. I'm not sure if there's a limit to how much I can aid people.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 05:38:12 pm »

Man, this thread is all "ching chong wing wong" to me.

I am saying that I do not understand what you are saying.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 07:55:03 pm »

I'm the nation of MoMoney, and i'm still figuring this shit out.  Basically, I want the drug trade to flourish, is there a button for that?

EDIT: Sweet, I set my drug policy to "Our leaders are aware of the situation but are too addicted to drugs themselves to do anything about it"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:02:05 pm by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 11:16:59 pm »

"Radioactive Bacon" would be a good name for a band.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 10:57:02 pm »

Judy: I am the small Gibraltar-country of "Leiria". Kind of lame name, but, sorry.

Dude, I accidentally cancelled my trade agreement with you.  I resent it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 12:45:42 am »

Hey, I've just joined the Black team, as Judy recommended, but my team bonuses on my trade agreements don't appear. Should I cancel trade agreements to start them up again? Would you guys (inevitable, auggie, and ben-san) reapprove them?

Also, Judy, I'd have offered a trade of my gold and iron for your giraffe and sugar, but I"m already getting sugar from inev, my nation's isolated and coastal (though somehow giraffe isn't a resource) and I want the lead and aluminum I'm trading for in the fourth spot.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 01:31:46 am »

Yeah, I was considering the cancel-and-reoffer thing too. It seems like you don't get a happiness bonus from same-team deals unless you were on the same team at the time the deal first went through or something.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up