Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cybernations  (Read 6206 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 03:48:23 am »

I resent it.

That is, I sent it again.  I don't mean that I am offended by it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 03:57:10 am »

I am also re-sending my trade offers so that the people may be made happy by team bonus.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 07:39:15 am »

Right guys, as far as I'm aware, I think you DO get the happiness bonus, it just doesn't show up on the trade agreements. It can be hard to tell but if you check your happiness rating it should be one point higher than normal. Of course, I'm not sure. Re-submitting can be risky for people you don't know (they might get tetchy) so leave it to your discretion.

Choop, do not worry about not offering trade. I already have gold and iron is not so much use to me right now.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 12:57:50 pm »

That is, I sent it again.  I don't mean that I am offended by it.

Thanks for clearing that up, although I have no idea why I am reading this thread.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 10:22:23 pm »

Hey, if anybody's still playing this, massive inter-alliance war has broken out. SomethingAwful thought CyberNations belonged to them, and didn't want to let Fark play. Treaties, multi-defense pacts, etc., have all been activated.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 10:54:32 pm »

Yeah, the alliance I'm part of (CDS) are getting involved, and it's nothing if not fun. Some people are pretty worried about losing their nation's bits and pieces, and while I will miss the months of small effort put into upgrading my nation war is a lot of fun.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 11:02:21 pm »

I'm in LOSS. Are we co-League-rs?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 11:13:54 pm »

Hey, if anybody's still playing this, massive inter-alliance war has broken out. SomethingAwful thought CyberNations belonged to them, and didn't want to let Fark play. Treaties, multi-defense pacts, etc., have all been activated.

There is a deep and abiding irony in the idea of a website mostly devoted to making fun of people who they see as taking the internet too seriously... taking the internet too seriously. Sometimes I find SomethingAwful to be very entertainingly mean and sometimes... their meanness comes from so deep inside the small details of the things they're making fun of that... it undermines the premise of their meanness.

EX:

Someone going to a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show dressed as Star Trek characters so as to mock the entire premise of using a so-bad-it-crosses-over-double-and-becomes-superbad film as a way to tightly orchestrate and choreograph the manifestations of sexualities  the partici****** can't come to grips with in the normal context of their lives? FUNNY.

Someone going to a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show so as to mock people who don't get the rituals of the Rocky Horror Picture Show absolutely correct? NOT FUNNY.

When you make fun of the corest-of-the-core of a fandom (and calling them crazy/deluded/childish/etc) using a terminology and understanding only those people you're making fun of could even hope to understand, you're done the rabbit hole of self-loathing and you've overshot comedy.

Somethingawful seems to do this with large roleplaying games and shoot 'em ups pretty frequently.

I worry their often-really-entertaining critique of SecondLife is heading there.

EDIT: Wow, the "trousers" edit even kicks in on "particitrousers"? Neat.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:32:08 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 09:51:23 am »

Heh...  I started playing this only because Drew from toothpaste for dinner mentioned it in a blog (even though he mentioned that he stopped playing it).  Then I accidentally click the wrong list of stuff and hey, here it is again!
So cool.  My nation is called the Kalmar Nyckel, a ship that I sail on on occasion.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 03:48:26 am »

I have created the nation of Ubonia. It is a quiet nation of coal and oil and honest people. I look forward to trading with you all.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 06:33:41 pm »

The nation of Mistralia is born!

It is a small nation with expensive tastes. I shall enjoy sipping my kir royales on the palace terrace overlooking the sea. What? The people want a system of government that exercises total control over its subjects? Well, I'd be more than happy to oblige.


What? I have to do math and collect taxes? Don't I have *people* for that? I just want to enjoy my kir royale!


*sigh*

I look forward to trading with you all so that I may have enough to annex Ubonia. ;)
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 09:33:59 pm »

Set your government to Monarchy and ignore their complaints. Nothing else is good for making money.

Are you on the Black team? What are your resources?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 09:38:55 pm »

Yes, I am on the black team. Good to know I can keep Mistralia as a monarchy without much ado. At lelast not from the peons. :)

My resources are oil and gems. I think I sent you a trade request, actually; but maybe not.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »

Dunstonia, a peaceful nation of Communist Christians, ruled by the Benevolent Jay-Ell, is three weeks old.  We produce coal and spices and our population is currently 147 and growing.  They are in love with me, of course. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Cybernations
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 09:39:11 pm »

Does anyone have gems and something else?  I am very close to getting Affluent Population and all I need is gems.  I have iron and wine, so if you want to hammer something out while drunk, I'm the best country to trade with.  I am team aqua!  because I am on the water and also a sailing ship.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up