Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...  (Read 6087 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:27:50 am »

Link

Right, well this strip certainly exposes my lack of knowledge regarding the song 'Jack and Diane'. Furthermore, Teodor's handclaps are pretty ambiguous. Basically, I do not know what's going on. I'm sure someone will explain.

Other than that, there's something very creepy about cats being given human body parts. I am talking about Molly's breasts.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:31:25 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 07:36:39 am »

Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:41:18 am »

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 07:48:11 am »

hm. yeah, I will watch this video in the morning. I am tired.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 07:56:19 am »

The artist wanted to draw a comic strip about cat nipples and did so.

(alternate thread title: nothin' but yourself)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

mtarquin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
  • nun
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 09:00:49 am »

The bear in the box is a nice touch.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:39 am »

Wow, I am not going to lie.  I watched that video, saw the clapping, then was watching longer to see the jack and diane costumes.  Anyhow, then I saw that sweet (I do not know how to describe it so I used sarcasm, you would have understood if I was talking to you.) Mellencamp screen and forgot about jack and diane until 2 minutes in.


I guess those dickbag Chevy commercials are not out of character.  Fuck Chevy (this went the wrong way) and Mellencamp.  I wonder if Onstad watches any sports, and if this is the reason for a Mellencamp strip (arc?).  They have been playing that Our Country Mellencamp commercial about 15 times a day during the MLB playoffs and the NFL games.

If you do not know the commercial (I don't watch that much tv outside of sports, and it seems like a sports type commercial) I think it is pretty offensive to the civil rights movement, Hurricane Katrina victims, and every other person/thing/event that they put in this commercial. 

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ZOtlQJnqI
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:11:16 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 11:59:33 am »

Supplemental video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzhZqCEr_0

This cleared things up a bit, but still an odd strip. How did Teodor get stuck with the box job? What kind of box is it?
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 12:13:46 pm »

Teodor didn't get "stuck" with the box job - he wanted that job.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 02:34:16 pm »

Does anyone else feel like Beef needs to put on some #####?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

innes

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • thanks awfully
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 02:48:10 pm »

Molly's 'chests' and Beef's shirt-with-no-trousers serve to move the characters onto the upper slopes of The Uncanny Valley.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 02:57:50 pm »

Oh you kids, all not knowin' Jack & Diane.

Suckin' on chili dogs, outside the Tastee Freez.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 03:22:32 pm »

The artist wanted to draw a comic strip about cat nipples and did so.

(alternate thread title: nothin' but yourself)

More cat boobies!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 04:04:18 pm »

This brings up something I've half-wondered about for a while: it is a fact that we are not offended by the sight of Beef's lower half. There is nothing offensive. Despite this, there'd be no way in Brixton that Onstad would draw us Molly's lower half without some handy trousers/stockings/etc., despite it being probably about as offensive as Beef's would be.

Also: If Pat's Mexican Magic photo and Ray's infamous bulge are anything to go by, Beef is very understaffed in regards to the Trouser Department.

Edit: After writing this, I realise that I could have just replaced all this with IT'S A GODDAMN COMIC STRIP AND AS SUCH DOES NOT RUN FREELY WITHIN CONVENTIONAL OR LOGICAL BOUNDS. CERTAIN UNORTHODOX OR INCONSISTENT ASPECTS OF THE CHARACTERS ARE USED TO CREATE HUMOUR. Basically, as Evan far more succinctly states below, I looked far too much into this. Apologies.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:32:55 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: 14th November, 2006 - *CLAP*...*CLAP*...
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 04:11:55 pm »

Also: If Pat's Mexican Magic photo and Ray's infamous bulge are anything to go by, Beef is very understaffed in regards to the Trouser Department.
I think you're probably putting more thought into the character designs than Chris Onstad ever has. The reason Molly has breasts and wears a skirt is because otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell she was supposed to be female.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up