Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15th November 2006 - It ain't the coolest place in town  (Read 3551 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15th November 2006 - It ain't the coolest place in town
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:47:15 pm »

My girlfriend is also able to know when I'm up to "one of my things" and how to deal with them and... it is pretty much the only reason we are still together. Thing is, of course, I'm very forgiving when she's up to "one of her things" too.

I think when two people are able to put up with each other's "things" with patience and grace... we are talking about the actual working real-world definition of love. Or, at least, the basis of it. Perhaps people dislike Molly simply because they do not see as many of the things  Beef puts up with from her, as well, and understand how... near-to-healthy their dynamic really is.

Broken people find other broken people whose broken pieces fit together.

I mean, Beef put up with a bead store. A bead store.

A bead store is as much "one of those things" as any bizarre toilet defense behavior.

I'd say they're even.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 15th November 2006 - It ain't the coolest place in town
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 03:48:44 am »

Courtesy flush.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 15th November 2006 - It ain't the coolest place in town
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 11:34:08 am »

I... I can't laugh at today's strip. It touched too close home.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: 15th November 2006 - It ain't the coolest place in town
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:32 am »

This is my favourite strip for about the past month.  :D
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up