Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus  (Read 4572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 08:54:09 pm »

You go to all the trouble to make eclair pastry and then fill it with yellow chemical sludge?

?HURGHH?

!HURGHH!
Logged
We must repeat!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 09:33:56 pm »

Actually isn't it just the word 'greasy' that is the Southern problem? I used to know this but I'm not in the business anymore... 

Alton will instruct you to "greeze" a cookie sheet or use a "greezed" loaf pan. But you hear him say "greezy" way more often.

On two different episodes (I forget which two) "alot" was written on screen. I believe it was in pre-commercial factoids.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 10:17:14 pm »

Must be a southern thing, because that's how I say each of those words. 

I do not, however, write "alot".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 04:47:34 pm »

I'm thinking about making my own shrine to Louis Pasteur.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 05:42:38 am »

I thought that would happen no matter who did it.

squee
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 09:43:48 pm »

Alton's growing ability to give in on pre-fab ingredienture is slightly disturbing but... I think at the end of the day, there's certain lengthy topics where he'd have to... like... cut back on some of the explanation and skits and such to tell the whole story.

And ultimately that's not what he's there for. If we wanted the full explanation, we could go to... the shrill Southern woman or... the hefty lady who seems to only hang out with homosexuals or... the girl from Italy that clearly purges after every goddamn bite of pancetta.

Granted, the only show on there that's full-on about fusing freshly made stuff and pre-fab has... slowly evolved into a series of bends and angles wherein we can see the hostess's (somewhat slight to begin with) cleavage but...

I'll take the styrofoam molecules and the weird costumes anyday and, y'know, just go online to find an alternative to melting down pudding pops as my filling.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 07:51:25 am »

You go to all the trouble to make eclair pastry and then fill it with yellow chemical sludge?

But, but, but...

Pudding was another show.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 02:10:53 pm »

But, but, but...

Pudding was another show.

I still like the yogurt show. Apparently one the ingredients you need to make your own yogurt is store-bought yogurt.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 05:05:13 pm »

I still like the yogurt show. Apparently one the ingredients you need to make your own yogurt is store-bought yogurt.

I guess that's because when you're making yogurt you're actually breeding living things.  Like to make mice, you need to start with mice, and to make cows, you need to start with cows and so on.

Hmm, I'm a little sorry about that yogurt I had for breakfast now that I thought of this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 05:12:21 pm »

Hmm, I'm a little sorry about that yogurt I had for breakfast now that I thought of this.

Why?  Those yogurt cultures are STILL ALIVE.  IN YOUR BELLY.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »

The death sound of yogurt is?
Logged
We must repeat!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 November 2006 -- Truth seldom falls cleanly from the bone we call Jesus
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 04:10:23 am »

Why?  Those yogurt cultures are STILL ALIVE.  IN YOUR BELLY.

Which is why they recommend eating yogurt while taking anti-biotics. To replenish the bacteria that are supposed to live in your stomach.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up