Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 44763 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2007, 12:54:31 am »

No spoilers, but FYI the SO beat SM Galaxies in no time at all.  At the end we were like "That can't be it, right?" Then the credits started rolling.  Still a super, awesome, fun game though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2007, 02:45:13 am »

Oh yeah, RE4, best port evar.

Also my understanding is that you can 'beat' galaxies, as in finish the storyline, and only need to collect about half the stars? As in there are galaxies and such you need never visit if you don't want to play the hard stuff.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2007, 03:51:58 am »

No, he collected all the stars.  And I helped!  So awesome.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:19 am »

How is the co-op mode, I'm hoping to get my Lady in on some of that action. She is into video games but normally rts' and action rpgs, she tends to avoid anything like platformers and fps' where there's pressure to react quickly etc. but I was hoping this assist role would be interesting enough that we could play it together.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2007, 03:18:48 pm »

The co-op mode is awesome - your star catcher can stun many attackers, help you jump higher... it's pretty awesome.  The SO's a pro, but there were definitly situations where my help was needed.  I'm not good at games like this, but the SO is able to seriously help me when I play, though I preferred to be his helper - these sorts of games are too damn frustrating for me!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2008, 03:43:26 pm »

What SS said.  I make Pedro do the hard jumping puzzles, but I like doing the "collect all 100 purple coins" levels (which he hates) so we make a good team.  And a good P2 is essential on some of the boss levels. 

Most romantic video game ever. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2008, 03:49:44 pm »

...there are "collect all 100 purple coin" levels?
my brother has something like 44 stars, and we have not encountered anything like that yet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2008, 05:43:45 pm »

Oh dang.  Sorry for the mini-spoiler. 

Yeah, see, we have 80 stars.  There are 120 in the game, and a whole bunch get unlocked when you hit 60. 

Enjoy. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2008, 07:31:10 pm »

oh, shit, 120!

awesome! I read a thing online which said there were 60, and I was so sad. We were so sad that we were near the end of the game.

This game is so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2008, 12:35:27 am »

Damn I got sidelined on Mass Effect, I need to get back to this.
Also, I heard there was 121. But this may have been a paranoia inducing rumour.

Ash: Sit that lad down with Super Mario Brothers. But give him a snickers or something because that's a pretty funny comment.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2008, 02:35:12 am »

That's the coin that only shows up if you beat it both as Green Mario and Red Mario, yes?

(Don't look at me, my recent gaming credit is as a Medium Bass Player on Rock Band and slowly trying to beat Bases Loaded for the NES without any cheat codes. In the dictionary, under the words "casual gamer" there is a picture of my stupid ass, playing Dr. Mario for fun.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2008, 02:47:56 am »

Yes JL - most romantic game ever.  Purchased for the SO for our anniversary, played on new years eve right up to kiss time.

New Super Mario Bros for DS is not romantic - it is the opposite.  For me it is the "don't touch me, I have to get to a save point" of video games.  The SO finds this charming and cute though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:33:26 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:15 am »

which reminds me, lamest thing ever: hanging out with like 7 guys and 2 girls on new year's eve, and at midnight the two girls kiss each other.
I mean, it was awesome in its own way, in retrospect. I have trouble thinking of my friend that I have known since semi-small times as a "hot lesbian," but, you know, her girlfriend was totally a hot lesbian. She is like, the man-directed porno version of a lesbian.


Also, suddenly I'm at a point where every single star that I haven't gotten in Mario is wayyyy too hard. I have not gotten enough to be at this point already, and it's embarrassing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2008, 05:27:38 pm »

(Don't look at me, my recent gaming credit is as a Medium Bass Player on Rock Band

I've spent more time than I'd like to admit pondering bringing the mic stand up from downstairs and playing 2 player Rock Band on my lonesome.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2008, 05:31:21 pm »

I was never able to get into Guitar Hero for the simple fact that I've been playing guitar for nearly a decade, so the potential for vicarious rock stardom was never as ripe as it was for most other people. That's completely different with Rock Band; I totally geek out on the drums. And though it took some time work up the nerve, I've been doing a lot of singing too. So, yes. Rock Band = awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up