Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 44652 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 09:16:07 am »

She is developing the necessary skills and vocabulary to become a gamer.  That is just the cutest.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 01:57:32 pm »

She is developing the necessary skills and vocabulary to become a gamer. 

And a golfer!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:32 pm »

oh my goodness, I love that.

she heard her dad say that, I'll bet. Am I right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 10:42:53 pm »

Yea, pretty sure.  It is funny/sad that he laughs, all while knowing he did that. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 11:06:10 pm »

Yeah he laughs, what's he gonna do, tell her to shut the fuck up?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 06:51:54 am »

I guess it is better than my parents all teaching me the words then blowing up when I said them.  Nevermind, good parenting.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 07:38:10 pm »

My friend's son came out with the F word when he was about 3, at the dinner table. 

My friend's husband was pleased that he used it in the proper context. 

My friend was seriously pissed. 

---
By the way, my Wii is still awesome.  I can't believe nobody's mentioned Super Monkey Ball yet? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 12:03:09 am »

apparently when I was a young one, I thought the correct pronunciation of "fan" was "fuck." I'm not sure why.

although my favorite was when I kept asking my mom for "cock!" Apparently my grandmother had been giving me bites of cake behind my mother's back, and I had somehow picked up the word.

...for some reason, until I attempted to spell out my pronunciation of Cake, I never realized what it sounded like I was saying. wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2006, 08:39:29 pm »

Right now I am posting this post from the Wii.  Opera Internet Explorer and weather forecast channel are live.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2006, 11:01:20 pm »

w00t! 

Just in time for us to show off for our extended families over Christmas!  I was lucky enough to get a second nunchuck and third and fourth wiimotes so that we can play doubles tennis after Christmas dinner.  We'll be in a cabin in the blue ridge mountains with wireless web access, with any luck we won't be forced to actually experience nature while we're there. 

There being, here:

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2006, 11:15:57 pm »

Right now I am posting this post from the Wii.  Opera Internet Explorer and weather forecast channel are live.

My favorite rendition of the Wii's wx channel is here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 05:14:41 am »

oh man, JL, I will straight-up be in those same mountains for New Years and a few days before.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 09:25:19 pm »

Oh.  My.  Dogg. 

Inev, you have a PM. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 11:01:24 pm »

No Wii for me. I'd been planning on buying one, but I had to buy these Kate Spades for the missus for santaday. The screamed her name.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »

Woah, major husband points right there. 

Maybe she'll get you a Wii in return? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up