Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 44664 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2006, 10:18:28 pm »

I played my friend's Zelda near the beginning of the game and I was like, "nah."  I don't feel no 3D Zelda games.  He says it gets good, but it's still 3D Zelda and the game is probably like 89 bucks.

What's the tennis problem, are you hitting the ball in random directions or are you just not swinging?
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2006, 12:18:24 am »

I am not swinging, but as I did not make clear, this only happens in the more complicated training mode.  It is weird, but I just quit playing the training mode.  Also, in bowling, in the normal game I have a pretty vicious curve, not a problem as you just aim to it and you can control how much curve there is, at least to some degree.  Then, in bowling training there is no curve some times and I have no idea how to aim a shot at all. 

Basically, I have no problem swinging or aiming in the normal game play, then I go to training and it suddenly acts completely different.  Like unresponsive almost.  And this sucks, because mini games, which is basically what training is, are alot funner than the normal games.  Especially when the real games are half ass mini games and it is basically impossible to find other controllers.  I have calmed down, and rented monkeyball (seems pretty cool so far), but there is some type of problem.  Either that or Nintendo wanted to make training harder by making the game just not respond every 5 to ten times I swing/ making the curve in my wrist completely irrelevant to what happens with the ball.  Again, there are absolutely no problems with the actual games, but they are actually simpler than training, at least in my opinion.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2006, 01:03:52 am »

I played my friend's Zelda near the beginning of the game and I was like, "nah."  I don't feel no 3D Zelda games.  He says it gets good, but it's still 3D Zelda and the game is probably like 89 bucks.

I felt the same way about 3D Zelda until I gave the 3D games a try. Wind Waker is extremely easy to get into, although its staying power depends on how you feel about sailing. If you can find it, there's a GameCube disc with Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on it which shouldn't be more than 20-30 bucks at a used-game store - again, if you can find it, since it was only distributed as a limited-time Nintendo Power promotion. I have heard that Twilight Princess is a particularly slow starter, so if you're not already into 3D Zelda it might not be worthwhile.

Almost totally unrelated, I picked up Sega Genesis Collection for PS2 and it is pretty sweet. 20 dollars for 28 Genesis games - shockingly, mostly good ones. Sonic 1-2, Phantasy Star 2-4, Golden Axe 1-3, Ristar, Altered Beast, a couple Shinobis, Ecco the Dolphin.. there's also a couple of crap games but they don't ruin the experience. A good deal.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2006, 02:27:09 am »

Yeah, that's the thing.  They all start out so slow with such boring landscapes.  Video game pretension, GTFO, I think.  Action RPG's are dead to me.  Goemon Mystical Ninja killed on it.  Same thing with those 3D Castlevanias.  I don't like the 3D translation.

As for tennis training, I dunno, sounds weird.  Just make sure nothing is blocking the signal (because it can be easily blocked by something in the way).  And with bowling, if you want a tighter spin, trying releasing the ball later and throwing it so it has less time touching the lane.  If you roll it the whole way, the spin is really going to dig into the lane.

Monkeyball, I reccomend darts.
Logged
ACHIEVE

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2006, 05:33:51 am »

So, why aren't we all sharing our friend codes, and having little Miis of each other punching us?

I am 5976 8691 2067 5330
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2006, 06:18:31 am »

So, why aren't we all sharing our friend codes, and having little Miis of each other punching us?

I am 5976 8691 2067 5330

GOD DAMMIT THIS THREAD MAKES ME WANT TO STRANGLE ALL OF YOU AND STEAL YOUR GAME CONSOLES APOIUJHBKL:JNAS {OEITu poa;glnkASDngv/////////////////////////
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2006, 01:35:21 am »

I GOT MY WII!!!

First impressions: Wii sports is way too much fun for a freebie tie-in game. That said, I still wish Zelda wasn't sold out from Amazon during Christmas. Oh, and I can't seem to get it to connect to my wireless router. It detects it, but it won't connect. Fuckall.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2006, 03:49:11 pm »

GOD DAMMIT THIS THREAD MAKES ME WANT TO STRANGLE ALL OF YOU AND STEAL YOUR GAME CONSOLES APOIUJHBKL:JNAS {OEITu poa;glnkASDngv/////////////////////////

Well, you're welcome to visit Portland.

P.S.  I don't think you're a nazi.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2006, 05:31:00 pm »

Well, you're welcome to visit Portland.

P.S.  I don't think you're a nazi.

I still think you're a nazi.

With a skin tight uniform that barely covers the black corset you're wearing.  And knee high boots.  And a riding crop.   Mmmmmmm...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »

uh... that's cool too.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:05 pm »

whoa dude. You get off on Nazi chicks?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2006, 07:26:04 pm »

Dawww so young and fresh and innocent...
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2006, 01:38:09 am »

Alright, time to gather more Wii friends

0868 5907 1141 0267
Nick: "Shaun"

I expect all of you who've posted your friend codes to add me back.... or else.

Edit: Well, I guess by "all of you" I meant "just Smick". So, uh, anyone else got some friend codes?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2006, 01:47:51 am »

where do I get these "friend codes"
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2006, 12:29:15 am »

Keith: Go to the Wii messages > create messages > address book. On there it will say "this console's Wii number" That's your friend code. From there you can register other people's.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up