Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Act (09-22-03)  (Read 6714 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
The Act (09-22-03)
« on: September 22, 2003, 07:12:37 am »

Look at Pat's bathroom door -- wary & cautious, in everything he does

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:59:58 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 07:33:50 am »

Man, they cold fried up Pat's ding-dong.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 01:29:50 pm »

I laughed out load in my cubicle at the strip - specifically the alt text!  What a nice way to start my morning!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 02:07:31 pm »

The best part is that I had forgotten about Friday's events when I sat down to read this morning! But then of course, it all came back. And I did laugh.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 03:35:41 pm »

I want an anim of the Pat Dance, posthaste.

But yes, this strip is like a tiny nugget of gold. I feel especially warm and fuzzy towards it because it's my birthday and getting a strip this damn beautiful is like a gift.
Logged

Anarchy_Bowling

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 03:46:53 pm »

So who will Phillipe and Lyle hit next?  Liebot?  The new, vengeful Phillipe has a few bones to pick with him.  ~heh heh . . . bones~
Logged
Official US Representative to the Danish Ubergothy*

(*A system of government dedicated to the preservation of rock and the elmination of "That Guy".  You know who you are.)

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 03:49:51 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
But yes, this strip is like a tiny nugget of gold. I feel especially warm and fuzzy towards it because it's my birthday and getting a strip this damn beautiful is like a gift.


Happy Birthday, V-Adore.  Gee, we didn't get you anythying. :oops:

But of course we have all day to make it up to you.

Anarchy_Bowling

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:50:28 pm »

Oh, and based on the *zzzip* comic sound effect, I guess Pat has a zipper at crotch height on his fur just like Ren in the "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence" episode of Ren and Stimpy.
Logged
Official US Representative to the Danish Ubergothy*

(*A system of government dedicated to the preservation of rock and the elmination of "That Guy".  You know who you are.)

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 04:43:57 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I laughed out load in my cubicle at the strip - specifically the alt text!


Which alt text did you laugh at?  It has changed since the strip was first posted.

Last night when I read it the alt text said something like "pat is really in a lot of pain here. This hurts him very much" and now it says "What kind of asshole waits that long on the phone to say something like that about barbers"

Which is funnier, I guess.

I just didn't think the original alt text was that funny, especially not to make one laugh out loud.

Unless a cat in pain makes you laugh.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 04:52:41 pm »

Now this is completely different kind of furious ding-dong. I wonder if Philippe will realize this was wrong. I also wonder how hard Ray will laugh when he hears about it.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 06:16:56 pm »

Quote from: "jough"


Last night when I read it the alt text said something like "pat is really in a lot of pain here. This hurts him very much" and now it says "What kind of asshole waits that long on the phone to say something like that about barbers"

Which is funnier, I guess.

I just didn't think the original alt text was that funny, especially not to make one laugh out loud.

Unless a cat in pain makes you laugh.



It was the "What kind of a jerk.." alt text - mostly because it was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

A cat in pain does make me laugh though -especially emotional pain like the cat in my avatar.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 06:26:07 pm »

Ah yes, that is beautiful. The Pat dance is just wonderful stuff. Though I'm not sure I'd have the effort or time to dance if my ding-dong was being furiously electrocuted!
Gotta love people getting revenge on Pat. He kind of reminds me of people where I used to live who I really didn't get on with, and were just kind of, well assholes yes, but not offensive enough to really be assholes you know.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 06:41:28 pm »

Quote from: "Slink"
Ah yes, that is beautiful. The Pat dance is just wonderful stuff. Though I'm not sure I'd have the effort or time to dance if my ding-dong was being furiously electrocuted!



Although I've never been specifically electrocuted "there", the three major jolts I've taken demonstrate that neither time nor effort are required - the dance takes care of itself.

I wonder if, a la Jackass, some chromosomally challenged achewood reader will attempt this at home.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Act (September 22nd)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 06:47:15 pm »

I doubt Lyle will hang around long enough to get caught so will Pat even find out who did it? Maybe he'll just blame Ray. In any case I hope he doesn't have access to Tic Tac any more.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Act (09-22-03)
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2003, 07:05:33 pm »

Quote from: AlohaDawg
Although I've never been specifically electrocuted "there", the three major jolts I've taken demonstrate that neither time nor effort are required - the dance takes care of itself.

That is true I guess, the one serious one I had my arm did a whole little dance of it's own that kind of reminds me of Pat's dance.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:05:04 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up