Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 4476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »

We always listen to Alice's Restaurant too, unless we forget, or I can't dig up the old cassette tape I have it on.  But this year it occurred to me that A, there was a movie, and B, I hadn't seen it, and I always knew this but was reminded by a newspaper article and put it together with the crucial element C, which is that it's the 21st century now and we have Netflix where you can rent just about everything that ever existed.

But, timing was a little bit off....hopefully it is coming today before we have run out of turkey leftovers.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 06:14:29 pm »

I went to a friend's house for dinner, but she wouldn't let me use her oven because she had too much else to bake, asked me to bake everything at home... so I ended up trying to carry a hot roasted turkey, a bag full of biscuits, aluminum foil, and containers for leftovers, and frikkin' huge casserole dish full o' piping hot sweet potatoes out to my car from my second-floor apartment in this hellish, driving rain. I ended up spilling hot sweet potato juice all down my clothes and had to change. Fuckin' annoying.

She made you bring A WHOLE FUCKIN' ROASTED TURKEY to her place, and wouldn't let you use the oven there?  That is some fucked up shit right there.  The turkey should be roasted in the kitchen of the home where the meal is being served.  I will not argue about this.

My Thanksgiving was all well and good.  Kids were cute, meal was good, everyone was cool.
Today I'm at work, and I'm just about the only one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 08:09:36 pm »

On the way to dinner at my cousin's house, I'm pretty sure I saw monkey roadkill.  This was in NJ, not like Western Africa.

Also, this seems to be the thread for me to recount my own tryptophan dream:

I carry a severed head unto a crowded train whose seating and lighting give the carriage the feel of a Victorian living room.  I hold the head up, letting blood drip from where its neck should be, and read a particularly gory version of the Principia Discordia, with annotations from Achewood characters.  The head reacts to the reading.  Hail Eris.  I am traveling with two A/V specialists, one of whom seems to be perpetually napping, and wakes up periodically to hear about the specifics of the next job.  The job seems to always be the same, regardless of where we are; it involves relocating a cable.  I am somehow tricked into both appendicitis and an undisclosed dental injury, which requires surgery from a group of college students at what is apparently a tennis academy.  A girl I had been eating lunch with turns out to be the nurse, and comforts me before I am given anesthesia.  She kisses me on the neck very nicely.  As soon as I am unconscious, the team of doctors takes out a battalion of enormous foam props (e.g. foam hammer), and rejoices in having tricked me into an ineffective and possibly hellish surgery.  It occurs to me I can observe these doctors/frat boy clowns because I assumed the role of a camera angle, immediately after the anesthesia had been administered.  I escape the surgery, and am now possibly one of the A/V specialists, and describe very earnestly how, “Yep, you guessed it, a cable needs to be moved.”  I am now in a corridor in what’s supposedly Madison Square Garden, watching maybe Brendan Shanahan shoot a puck at a door from 5 feet away, the completion of which task elicits enormous applause.  Former Rangers announcer John Davidson is there.  Does he represent God?

What does it all mean?  I usually just dream about talking with my friends, and sometimes I put music on if I remember to.  The cool thing about listening to music in your dreams is that the album you need just appears in your hand.  Like I'll think, "I want the Japanese version of Purple Rain on vinyl," and I'll be holding it. 
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 05:50:25 am »

hell of dreams. wow.

My mom makes great pie crust, and the pumpkin this year was ineffable. Plus as a post-coma snack, I had a plate of stuffing and gravy - does it get better? I'm not sure.The missus dreamt of ***** Zombies - I think it was that creepy ***** turkey during the game that did it.   On the plus side, the dogs were calm. They love turkey :)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 07:54:17 pm »

hell of dreams. wow.

My mom makes great pie crust, and the pumpkin this year was ineffable. Plus as a post-coma snack, I had a plate of stuffing and gravy - does it get better? I'm not sure.The missus dreamt of ##### Zombies - I think it was that creepy ##### turkey during the game that did it.   On the plus side, the dogs were calm. They love turkey :)

You were visited by Turkitron? Was he trying to rescue Goblox, leader of the great turkey rebellion against their evil chicken overlords?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 12:56:24 am »

oh my goodness cort, I love that episode.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 03:52:04 am »

Funny enough, we did watch the new ##### Chicken last week (last of the season boo) but no. Some NFL game was on and had this animated steel turkey dancing around and spiking footballs and crap.

Do you guys up that way get the [adult swim] billboards up there? We just got some new Er billboards - they had to censor him. Awesome.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 04:06:50 am »

Funny enough, we did watch the new ##### Chicken last week (last of the season boo) but no. Some NFL game was on and had this animated steel turkey dancing around and spiking footballs and crap.

Do you guys up that way get the [adult swim] billboards up there? We just got some new Er billboards - they had to censor him. Awesome.


I've never seen a billboard of any sort around here.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 07:56:08 pm »

There are so many Adult Swim billboards in the greater Los Angeles area that I've begun to see neon ones cropping up.

Total neon Mooninite flippin' off Sherman Oaks, all glowing "censored" sign over his flippin' hand.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 07:59:13 pm »

man, I do not think I have seen any such billboards around here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 09:00:45 pm »

Total neon Mooninite flippin' off Sherman Oaks, all glowing "censored" sign over his flippin' hand.

Yep, that'd be Er.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 09:12:32 pm »

I cooked my very first Thanksgiving Feast.  I mean, I've contributed to the meal in past years, but this time I was the responsible party.  Mom did the mashed potatoes and my sister in law brought dessert.  I did the turkey, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, oven rolls, gravy, the whole works.  It was fun. 

Then my kid fell asleep on my lap watching Babe on cable and we put him in his crib and played Wii Sports on the new Nintendo system for which I stood in front of Best Buy for five hours last Sunday morning in 30 degree weather after three hours of sleep and a twelve hour drive.  I Wii-bowled a 197, which beats my real-life all time record by about sixty points.  Then my kid woke up and chased his cousins around the dining room table until they were all too tired to do anything besides lay on the floor and watch my mom and my aunt play nine holes of virtual golf. 

All in all, it was a good day. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up