Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Poll

Do you wear fragrance? What's your favorite (post below)?

Yes, daily or often
Yes, sometimes or rarely
No
No, it gives me migraines/allergies
No, soap & deodorant are good enough.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby  (Read 27351 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 06:43:39 pm »

Well, my spray can contains less plastic than your roll-on, and doesn't need to use extra chemicals to make the deodorant chemicals form a roll-on-able paste.  I used to use a roll-on but switched to spray because I got better coverage and found it lasted longer.  YMMV.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 07:28:22 pm »

yeah, um, womby, I was trying to make a point. I love me some hairless Areas (of the body, not necessarily The Area). I mean, as much as the next fellow... it isn't some kind of Thing for me or anything. If you took a survey of "how much hair do you like on your lady," my name would be right in the fuckin' middle.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, at this point in my life I'm just happy that The Area exists.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 08:01:57 pm »

I had the impression that These Kids Today believed in taking off all possible body hair, including from places that my generation never thought of, um, depilating. (I had to look that up to make sure there was a verb.) Not true?

It is always so weird to be in the locker room. I'm sure that all the women from older generations are saying, "OMG, it must be a generational thing..." to themselves, while I'm thinking, "Whoa! A muffro! I haven't had one of those since I was 15."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 08:10:37 pm »

linnea, please tell me that is not a real word/slang term. please. please.

I am afraid to look it up using the internet. please tell me that is just a clever thing you came up with, just now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 08:12:23 pm »

linnea, please tell me that is not a real word/slang term. please. please.

Well, if it isn't, I'm going to do all that I can to see that it becomes one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 08:53:54 pm »

Basically what I'm trying to say is, at this point in my life I'm just happy that The Area exists.

Aw, that's so sweet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 08:55:50 pm »

I'm glad that you said that instead of "creepy." I was treading a fine line there, I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 09:25:26 pm »

linnea, please tell me that is not a real word/slang term. please. please.

I am afraid to look it up using the internet. please tell me that is just a clever thing you came up with, just now.
Well, if it isn't, I'm going to do all that I can to see that it becomes one.

It was just something that I thought of while typing. Man, it just seems so antiquated. I'm sure that there are hipsters that are proudly wearing it in an ironic fashion.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 01:56:38 am »

It always feels a little like Christmas when you first unpant a lady and see that she's taken the care to at least trim The Area.  Although I have to say that shaving in any kind of shape, like a heart, makes me think of porn stars and then my mind instantly dives into Disease.  And then Mr. Happy takes a respite.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 02:03:48 am »

wow, do people actually do that? Good lord.

Why would that happen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 02:13:49 am »

I had the impression that These Kids Today believed in taking off all possible body hair, including from places that my generation never thought of, um, depilating. (I had to look that up to make sure there was a verb.) Not true?

Wait, I thought we were in the same generation...cause My lady is nice enough to present a fairly smooth Area and Iove that.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 02:22:55 am »

I think variety is the spice of life.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 02:37:58 am »

Wait, I thought we were in the same generation...cause My lady is nice enough to present a fairly smooth Area and Iove that.

I guess for everything there are people who were the early adopters...

And are the gentlemen expected to trim Mr Happy's area as well? And wait a minute, weren't we talking about perfume? Damn Internet, only one thing on its mind.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 02:51:46 am »

I think "perfume" I think of my favourite scents and then it just goes downhill from there.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 03:26:48 am »

womby-- maybe some people change their grooming habits over time?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up