Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Poll

Do you wear fragrance? What's your favorite (post below)?

Yes, daily or often
Yes, sometimes or rarely
No
No, it gives me migraines/allergies
No, soap & deodorant are good enough.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby  (Read 27372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2006, 03:17:46 am »

I saw a fragrance named "Pi" the other day - but not the word, the symbol.  It cost $34.95, but I thought it should have been only $31.41.

Heh... you get a can, good sir. Givenchy should've set a more appropriate MSRP on Pi.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2006, 06:09:57 am »

Thanks.  I will draft a letter (sealed with my waxen crest [two falcons fighting over a Nintendo Wii-mote] and perfumed with the scent in question) to Givenchy posthaste and upload it along with my photo of the perfume box to my Flickr page.

Tally ho!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 01:54:11 am »

UNGH!

Oh god dammit. This stupid perfume retails for like $180.

I don't have an income problem, I have a spending problem.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 03:54:53 am »

Jeez, perfume is really expensive.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 12:17:01 am »

OOOOOOH, FUCK YES BABY.

I now have a 100mL bottle of Musc Ravageur and a 100mL bottle of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Timbuktu. They are sex in a bottle. I am hella pleased.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007, 12:23:53 am »

100 ml seems like a tiny amount. it only takes a tiny spritz to get hell of smellz, right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2007, 10:06:30 am »

100 ml seems like a tiny amount. it only takes a tiny spritz to get hell of smellz, right?

100mL is actually a rather large bottle of perfume. You get about seven to ten sprays for every milliliter of perfume.

Simply put...I have 19 bottles of perfume in various stages of consumption that, all told, total about 1,050 mL in volume. I only use two to four sprays each day. If I were to double my usage to EIGHT sprays a day, it would still take me 918 days to finish off my entire collection. O_o

...I think I need to find a new hobby. I'm totally retarded over this stuff.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »

it's ok. I have 33 days worth of mp3's on my computer. A vast majority of them, I have never listened to (although this is skewed-- a bunch of them came from CDs which I have listened to many times, and the count of what had been played and what hadn't got wiped when I transferred them to my new computer.)

that's not even including my 70 or so records. I probably haven't listened to a dozen or so of those (or, I've listened to the A side, and then lost interest/fallen asleep before the B side.)

collecting is inherently a silly thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2007, 08:57:28 pm »

I got a case on the wall full of Zippo lighters, another dozen or so in a box, and an unopened package from an eBay lot of like 8 that I never cleaned up and re-wicked.  I became a cigar smoker and the naphtlene Zippo fluid is not ideal to light a stogie.  I haven't used a Zippo in like 3 years.

The case on the wall looks kind of classy though, I got all my nice ones in there.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 12:14:52 am »

it's ok. I have 33 days worth of mp3's on my computer. A vast majority of them, I have never listened to (although this is skewed-- a bunch of them came from CDs which I have listened to many times, and the count of what had been played and what hadn't got wiped when I transferred them to my new computer.)

that's not even including my 70 or so records. I probably haven't listened to a dozen or so of those (or, I've listened to the A side, and then lost interest/fallen asleep before the B side.)

collecting is inherently a silly thing.

If I ripped every song from every CD I'd probably have like 24 days. But I usually pick out just the songs I'll actually feel like listening to and rip those. But I still find 12 days pretty overwhelming.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 12:15:55 am »

yeah. I have made a Smart Playlist of songs with 0 plays-- so I'm slowly working through all of them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 12:54:10 am »

If I ripped every song from every CD

Yeah I did that, it's 73.9 days.  Wow.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 01:00:58 am »

89.2 days here, bitches.

Admittedly, there's probably a good week or two of just Radiohead shows.  I went a little crazy downloading every show from the Hail to the Thief tour a couple years ago.  It was just cool to have every show.  For some of them, I have more than one recording.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007, 01:14:31 am »

89.2 days here, bitches.

Admittedly, there's probably a good week or two of just Radiohead shows.  I went a little crazy downloading every show from the Hail to the Thief tour a couple years ago.  It was just cool to have every show.  For some of them, I have more than one recording.

Damn, you are even more obsessed with Radiohead than I am.  I've only got about 20 Radiohead shows.  Hey, I was at some of those shows, it was a great tour.  Which is the best HTTT show?  Earls Court 11-27-03?  That's my fave.  Do you have the Houston show?  That's the only one of the shows I saw that I don't have.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 01:21:56 am »

I will be able to approach your heights when I am older, and have disposable income, or I am able to download music.

right now I buy a CD or so a month. Unless I am home... at those times I go hog-wild.
It is weird shopping for things knowing that I actually have a budget. When I lived at home, my budget was "I have 40 dollars in my pocket. I can buy as many CDs as that is." Now it's all "I have 500$ to last me the rest of the semester, plus some cash from my parents which is ostensibly for food. What is an OK amount to spend on CDs out of this?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up