Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Poll

Do you wear fragrance? What's your favorite (post below)?

Yes, daily or often
Yes, sometimes or rarely
No
No, it gives me migraines/allergies
No, soap & deodorant are good enough.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby  (Read 27463 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 01:27:41 am »

I think I have that Houston show.  I was there also.  The best part was that almost no one came to Supergrass.  I yelled a song for them to play, and they did.  Then they threw a drumstick our way, but it went over our heads.  I will see if I have it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 03:00:53 am »

Wow.. I only have 11.5 days' worth of music on my computer.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 04:03:22 am »

I totally missed Supergrass, but not because I didn't want to see them, but due to delay.  How's the quality of the recording on that Houston show?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 06:58:53 am »

I couldn't find it, but I only looked real quick as I am having some serious shit to deal with recently.  I'll try again later, my roommate definately has it.  I am not sure on quality.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:33:20 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 07:03:01 am »

Yarrr! god dammit, do not sully my thread with supergrass. What the hell is supergrass, anyway? this thread is about perfume, bitches!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 07:40:16 am »

2007 TOUAMBie nominee for most hijacked thread
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2007, 08:07:51 am »

(I am sorry. I am really good at doing that.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2007, 03:10:58 pm »

Speaking of grass, and perfume... remember that GAP perfume... Grass?  I liked it, but the smell wore off almost immediately. 

When it comes to perfume, I usually choose things that are very clean, almost soap like, and very, very subtle.  My aim is to never get the "what scent are you wearing?" question, but rather the "Hey you smell good.  Is it soap or shampoo or what?" question.

My favorites are Banana Republic "W" and Cool Water.  I wear perfume fairly rarely though, and I get really angry at other people when they are anything above the "faint aroma when they stand close" marker.  I was contemplating talking down a co-worker who stunk up the office with a lingering, heavy perfum-y smell long after she left.  I hate that shit.  Also, I was pissed off at a friend for an entire drive because he'd engulfed himself in a cloud of that Ax shit seconds before getting in my car.  What the hell?  Don't do that!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2007, 03:43:10 pm »

Also, I was pissed off at a friend for an entire drive because he'd engulfed himself in a cloud of that Ax shit seconds before getting in my car.  What the hell?  Don't do that!

Why are you friends with a 14 year-old boy who "reads" both Maxim and FHM?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »

I get really angry at other people when they are anything above the "faint aroma when they stand close" marker.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the overperfumed, but i've thought about this, i'd rather rather be in the presence of someone who is over perfumed than someone who smells... unclean.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2007, 09:43:06 pm »

The best thing is when their perfume is tantalisingly tangible only when you are very close with the person, yet the aroma sticks to your clothes for the rest of the day.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »

I'm a fan of a less perfume-y smell. Soap and shampoo are good.

But sometimes a hint of Perfum. is good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2007, 11:01:34 pm »

Why are you friends with a 14 year-old boy who "reads" both Maxim and FHM?

The answers to that are complicated and illegal.  (Actually it was my trashy homo friend, probably attempting to mask the odor of man on man sex action.)

Quote from: pmcd9
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the overperfumed, but I've thought about this, I'd rather rather be in the presence of someone who is over perfumed than someone who smells... unclean.

I don't know - if someone stinks of B.O. or pee or something, it doesn't give me an angry headache like a nose-rape-fog of perfume does.  I was on the bus, and as usual, there were the unpleasant odors - mostly focused around an old, dishevelled man who had most definitely shit himself... that's not easy either... but there's something so inconsiderate about the over application of perfume because it's so intentional. 

I do have to agree with inev.  a faint perfume up close is very nice. I am not anti-perfume, just anti-over-perfuming.   

Also on a sort of related note:  to linnea and everybody interested in scent,it's power, etc. - I suggest the book Perfume.  I'm curious about the film version which came out in limited release in Dec 2006 and was directed by the director of Run Lola Run. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2007, 11:18:47 pm »

The answers to that are complicated and illegal.  (Actually it was my trashy homo friend, probably attempting to mask the odor of man on man sex action.)

You know, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'd change this decision if exposed to the relative fragrances for too long? But I think I'd rather have someone close to me smell like man on man sex action than smell like Ax. I mean, at least the sex-action smell indicates you can get laid.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fragrance, my latest geeky hobby
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2007, 12:21:22 am »

corollary: old ladies, losing their sense of smell, over-apply perfume.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up