Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...  (Read 7431 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flaaron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:16:07 am »

A family's life is changed forever. And Ray seems to be working some rough chuckles and/or threats these days.

Pat's expression in the last panel: a child about to be run over? A mailbox? Cliffhanger or am I just nuts? THESE ARE NOT THINGS MEANT FOR MORTAL MINDS TO KNOW.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 02:20:19 am »

Wow.  A strip where Pat is the more sympathetic character.  That's gotta be a first.

Is the Escalade on the wrong side of the road in panel 4?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:07 am »

Wow.  A strip where Pat is the more sympathetic character.  That's gotta be a first.

Is the Escalade on the wrong side of the road in panel 4?

I think he was taking an exit.

My question is how can Ray think dumb is a good thing?
Logged

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:00:12 am »

I think he was taking an exit.

My question is how can Ray think dumb is a good thing?
Ray likes to get laid

Also, "The police walk up the mother's driveway!  I'm serious!" is the funniest line I've seen in Achewood in a good while.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 03:01:40 am »

also, some guys are attracted to girls like that. I don't know why. I mean, I'm not saying that I know guys that go for that, but, you know. I do.

it's some kind of dominance thing, maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 03:24:58 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
it's some kind of dominance thing, maybe.

Ease of mating, generally.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 04:03:23 am »

With Ray talking like that, there's got to be some pavement carnage coming up.

Ray isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, so that's probably why he likes dumb women. A girl that I roomed with in college was so fuck*ng stupid that I'm amazed she could get herself dressed in the morning, but she was very beautiful and so that's how I suspect she passed all her classes. There are two kinds of men who like dumb women: A.) Men who are also stupid and don't like to be challenged or threatened by a woman; and B.) Men who have a dominance thing and like to have someone who doesn't challenge them intellectually. 
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:28 am »

I have a friend who bought a pair of pink converse a couple years ago. He's a really hip guy, well-versed in all things indie -- I'm sure you know the type. He made a pretty big to-do about how cool they were when he brought them home from the store. Flash forward a few years, and I've yet to see him wear them even one single time. It's pretty easy for a dude in his early 20s to talk about wearing pink converse, but pulling it off is another story entirely.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:16:28 am »

see, this is the conundrum.

I would wear the pink converses. And everyone I know would think I was a complete idiot.

I'll stick with my big ol' leather hiking boots. I fuck*ng love these things. I kind of wish late 80's/early 90's indie-type fashion would come back... I'd be so hip. ugly t-shirts, sweaters, old jeans, hiking boots. mmm.

also, the pea-coat which Q and others suggested is working out nicely. once it gets cold (ie: thursday.) I will basically look like I am wearing the same clothes every day, once I venture outside (peacoat, some kind of jeans, boots, scarf, grey knit hat. presumably something is underneath the coat, but you can't see it.)

I really want to know what Pat sees, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:38:00 am »

1)  "I pour one out for the stick of butter that gave its life to be that eggnog."  So awesome. 

2)  "but that was like 'stick two wires in her and she can power a clock' dumb."  Also so awesome.  Does anyone know whether it's actually possible to make a potato battery out of a human, or is an genuine potato necessary?  I want to know. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 05:00:32 pm »

1)  "I pour one out for the stick of butter that gave its life to be that eggnog."  So awesome. 

2)  "but that was like 'stick two wires in her and she can power a clock' dumb."  Also so awesome.  Does anyone know whether it's actually possible to make a potato battery out of a human, or is an genuine potato necessary?  I want to know. 

I propose there's only one way to find out. Do it for science.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 05:33:33 pm »

Quote
Does anyone know whether it's actually possible to make a potato battery out of a human, or is an genuine potato necessary?

Things I have tried to work potato clocks on while younger:

Things that work:
A pool of coke
Potatoes, bananas, etc.


Things that don't:
Pillows
Cheese
Uncooked chicken
A lake


In answer to your actual question: I don't see why it wouldn't work on humans, I swear I got a reading before the cat scarpered.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 07:26:39 pm »

Quote
a lake

a lake.

oh my goodness, that list made me real happy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 08:37:45 pm »

Judy, could you please explain again how we know the earth is banana shaped?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 29 November 2006 - A child's pink Converse on the pavement...
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 08:56:54 pm »

Apparently what is necessary is that the object be acidic. So aim those electrodes for the stomach.

A can to Judy for Junior Science.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up